z

Young Writers Society

i'm new!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon May 21, 2007 12:23 am
nattynessa says...

first off-- where and how do i post my writing pieces on this thing?
i'd truly appreciate it if i were counselled a bit on this thing... and in return i'll critique your pieces?
thanks!!!

316 Reviews

Reviews: 316
Mon May 21, 2007 1:07 am
whence says...

Wow. No responses...

Where are all the greeters?

How discouraging this must have been...

Regardless--
Welcome.

I'm Ed, and I'm confused by your confusion.

:)
The good parts of a book may be only something a writer is lucky enough to overhear or it may be the wreck of his whole damn life β€” and one is as good as the other.
Ernest Hemingway

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon May 21, 2007 1:17 am
Skye says...

First off, welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay here at YWS! :)

You see the globe icon at the top of the page that says "Forums" underneath? If you roll over that icon, then click on the "Literary" tab that pops up underneath, it should take you to a list of forums where you could post your work (different types of poetry or prose, and I think art is there too). We also have a general rule here about critting at least two different pieces before posting one of your own.

So, what do you like to write most?
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue May 22, 2007 12:39 pm
Imelda says...

I think Skye covered it, so I'll just say:

Welcome! I'm Imelda, Meldy, Melda, Immy, Empress Meldatine ... I have many names. :D

Have ufn here! 'ufn' is Ican'ttypeian for 'fun'.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Tue May 22, 2007 2:54 pm
Alainna says...

Hello and welcome to YWS!!!

If you're still confused then check out the FAQ's; they really do help!!!

See you around,
Alainna
xxxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue May 22, 2007 9:52 pm
Goldenheart says...

Hi!

When I first came here, I was pretty confused too, but there are plenty of friendly people here who love to help. Hope you enjoy the site, and I can't wait to see your work!

Goldie
"I hate the word 'Truce'. It means 'Fun's over'." ~My little sister

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue May 22, 2007 10:03 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Welcome!
To repeat the usual stuff, I'm Sumi, I can {attempt} to answer your questions if you need to PM me or just want a random chat, and the FAQ is always the first place to look =P

Welcome! =D

~Sumi
ohmeohmy

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue May 22, 2007 10:21 pm
Emerson says...

Bonjour et Bienvenue!

It seems others have already explained how you post stories. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me or any of the other nice folks in green!

Also, be sure to read the Rules, Guidelines, FAQs and before you post anything, read the "Before You Post" thread, of course...

Hope you enjoy the site =)
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed May 23, 2007 12:56 am
Night Mistress says...

Welcome. if you need a friend, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Fri May 25, 2007 11:42 pm
Leja says...

If you skip over to the literary section of the forums, find a category that best suits what you want to post, then hit the "post a new topic" button at the top left of the list of current topics, and you will find a box much like this one to type or copy/paste what you want to post.

Something you might want to consider before posting: it's easier for people to read (and you're more likely to get critiques) if you space between paragraphs instead of indenting to break it up a little more.

*dusts hands* Now that business is over [and that I've probably repeated what everyone else has said]. WELCOME! I hope you enjoy your stay here, and feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. I'll be glad to help. see you around!

*waves*
Amelia

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri May 25, 2007 11:50 pm
Twit says...

*Echoes bounce around the room, Look at the FAQs, the FAQs, the FAQS . . . *

Hi, I'm the Twit. Don't hesitate to call me that, although quite a few of the nicer people on here avoid that name delicately and call me Shadow. Feel me to mix and match. :D

Hope you like YWS!! What AO said about breaking work up is good. Add a space after commas, full stops and all, remember that there's people from USA and UK here, so don't tell someone that they've spelt grey or colour wrong. :) Oh, and crit at least twice before up anything of your won. And even afterwards, carry on critting coz you'll get known, and people will like you.

-Twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

"Sometimes even shooting stars find wishes that miss their marks."
— TryHardNinja