z

Young Writers Society

Hello

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:37 am
Flemzo says...

Hello, all.

My name is Kyle (but people know me best by my screen name Flemzo, or Flem for short). I saw this website in the Writer's Digest 2007 yearbook, and I thought it would be a good place to get some honest feedback on stuff I write.

I have a writing journal on Live Journal where I post most of my stuff, but the people who comment on my work are people I've known for years, and I never truly feel that they are giving me honest critiquing. So, since one of my goals for 2007 is to get something I wrote published, I feel that this would be a good place to start.

I hope I get a great learning experience out of this forum, in addition to being exposed to different types of writing, and hopefully making some new friends as well.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:45 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome to the site Flem. I'm Griffinkeeper, one of the many helpful mods that roam the forums like nomads. Most people just call me Grif.

It sounds like you're really serious about writing, which is great. A lot of the people on the site are amatuers like yourself, so you will get a little "blind leading the blind" in the literary forums, but we have some excellent critiquers. It isn't too hard to pick them out.

Make sure you read the rules and regs. If you have any questions, send me or any other member of Big Brother a PM.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:19 am
Shine says...

Hello Kyle!

Welcome to the site.

Keep writing and posting it in here.

We would love to read your work.

And as Grif said if needed help ask me or anyone here,they will surely help u.

see u around.
~Ani~
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:52 am
Swires says...

As far as I know every single member on YWS is an amateur in the sense that they don't write for money....

Yes we do have some excellent critiques - I am more of a plot, beginnings, character and world man as opposed to in depth linguistic critiques mainly because there is usually someone else that can offer a better linguistic critique than I can and has beaten me to it.

Enjoy your stay.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:01 pm
Areida says...

Au contraire, friend, we now have a couple of published authors and authoresses running around here, which is pretty dang cool. I'm not one of them or anything, but I also suspect at least a few of our members will have a novel published within the next two years. Which is pretty dang cool.

Anyway, I'm Areida, though most call me Ari. If you have any questions and don't want to ask Grif the Grouch (just kidding Griffy, you know I adore you :P), then feel free to PM me. See you around the boards!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:19 pm
Emerson says...

Hey There Flem :-) I'll have to add you on live journal, how does that sound?

I hope you enjoy hanging around here, its a nice place! If you have any questions about the site or want a critique or a friendly chat, go right ahead and PM me! It's what I'm here for.

Hope to see you around ;-)
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:58 pm
niteowl says...

Hi and welcome!!!!! You're my last gift of the day so I'm pretty much gifted-out. However, I think I can scrounge up a few more smileys...Aha! Here you go!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:20 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Hi Flem!

Um, just wondering... where'd you get the name from? I may or may not use it. If I end up calling you something else instead, it's 'cause Flem sorta sounds too much like phlegm. Um... yes, ignore that.

(Too much caffeine = not good.)

Anyways! What sorta stuff do you write? It's great how you already post your work as it sounds like you take writing seriously already. (A good thing, that.) I may have to go look at that link. :D

See you 'round,

Kay.
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:08 am
Prosithion says...

Interesdting name, Flem. Welcome to the site.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:16 am
Flemzo says...

-KayJuran- wrote:Um, just wondering... where'd you get the name from? I may or may not use it. If I end up calling you something else instead, it's 'cause Flem sorta sounds too much like phlegm.

Flemzo, and subsequently Flem, are nicknames of mine, playing off of my last name.

And I get the Flem/phlegm connection all the time. My friends will always walk by, hack up half a lung, and say, "Dude! Get out of my throat!"

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:11 am
Swires says...

lol - strange what people do isnt it?
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto (I am a man, I don't consider anything human foreign to me)
— Terence