z

Young Writers Society

hello

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:18 pm
fanatic_dadaism says...

hi well I'm Elizabeth i'm turning 18 next month :D and well i've ben writing for a while, but i can not spell what so ever that is why spell check is my god. haha
i write poetry mostly well not mostly but thats the only thing i ever post because i hate all of my stories and i never finish any of them. and i found this site by an accidental yahoo search horay! :P and yea thats me.
Rejoice in the Burning.

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:31 pm
Shafter says...

Hi, Elizabeth! (That's my middle name. Coolio.)
Ah... spelling. The only reason I'm any good is that my mom drilled it into my head from the time I was four! ;)
I'm Shafter, and I write fantasy novels. I'm not much of a poet, so you won't find much help from me. :D
PM me if you have a question or want to chat. See ya!
Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:40 pm
Sureal says...

Hello, and welcome to the site ^_^.

You shouldn't hate your stories. You should love them and work on improving them :). After all, do you really think the first draft of Harry Potter (or any other best selling novel) was anything less than terrible?

Hope you enjoy your stay here :).
I wrote the above just for you.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:29 am
Cassandra says...

Hey, and welcome! Like Shafter, I'm hardly ever around the poetry forums, so you won't see much of me, but feel free to PM me if you have any questions anyway! :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:32 am
-KayJuran- says...

Hi Liz! (Okay to call you Liz?)

I used to post nothing but poetry, for much the same reasons as you - hated my stories, never finished them, etc. - but don't give up on fiction. It sounds like you've at least tried writing stories, which is a good start. Try NaNoWriMo or something - it's a good way to actually complete a novel. :)

Anyways, I hope you have fun now that you've joined. Feel free to PM me if you get lost, or just for a chat.

See you round,

Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:27 am
Meshugenah says...

Plus, with NaNo, it can be [s]complete nonsense and it's still a story[/s] great fun, and it's good to suppress your inner editor!

Hi! I'm Mesh, a mod and general advocate of bad spellers, but I love the spell check button here, so use it! It's your friend! I usually haunt the poetry forums when I have time to crit anything (which is nill at the moment -- gar), and have been known to post a few odd poems (that I absolutely hate, but that's another story!).

Welcome to YWS, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me, any of the mods, or anyone else that offers help! Enjoy your stay.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Random avatar

Reviews: 109
Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:45 pm
Teeeeo. says...

Another Elizabeth?
Ima get confuzzled :?

Anywho, I'm Teo. Call me that. Please.
And I like to help and greet.
It's what I do.
Help.
Greet.
Help.
Greet.
Help.
Greet.
It's what I do.

*snaps outta it*

ANYWHO, Welcome to the YWS. Have fun. I know you will.
*holds up fist*
You will.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:04 pm
lillizard says...

Hello, and welcome to the site!
I am lillizard, a smiley and lizard specialest.
Lucky for you, when you're putting in either a poem or a story, there is a spell check built onto the site. WOOPEE!!!

p.s. STAY AWAY from Teeeeo. You've had your warning...
If you are a dreamer, come in. If you are a wisher, a lier, a magic bean buyer. If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire, For we have some flax-golden tales to spin Come In! Come In!~Shel Silverstein

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:27 pm
Revere says...

Hey fanatic_dadaism!

Have fun here at YWS, and enjoy your stay! :D
Last edited by Revere on Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"[Maybe] If they don't light it, it can never go out."
^Mary, from Heat

>Previously known as green_river<

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:46 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey Elizabeth, welcome to the site!

I hate most of my stories and never finish them either, so we have something in common.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:05 am
Mr. Everyone says...

Welcome to yws! im new too any questions, u should ask some1 else then tell me what they said cuz chances are i prolly don't know either lol
~Everyone~

=) *wave*

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality