z

Young Writers Society

Hey...

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:57 am
hellstrife says...

Hey everybody...I guess I'm new here. This place looks like an unusually good writing site (they're difficult to find :wink: ), and posting here and everything should be fun, I'm looking forward to reviewing some stuff and posting my own pile of rubbish for you guys to tear apart :D

BTW the stuff I write is basically an attempt to try to hellishly fuse gothic horror, steampunk and science fantasy into a single hodgepodge of most-likely-poorly-written crap. Good times!!

Well, I'll be posting around the board and such.
It's good to be here, everybody, cheers.
He thrusts his fists against the posts
And still insists he sees the ghosts

www.myspace.com/penofwrath

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:00 am
Jiggity says...

Hey hey, welcome. That sounds like a strange mix of genre-sounding stuff, lol. Be assured though, we have some extremely good critiquers here, so your bound to have your stuff mercilessly ripped to shreds. Until its brilliant.

Welcome.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:02 am
Emerson says...

Welcome! Your writing sounds really interesting.. I'd love to rip it apart :-) hope you have a good time here. If you need something or want a critique, Pm me and I'll try to get to you!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:04 am
Shine says...

Hey welcome to the site!

Have fun.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:06 am
luna_the_shiekah says...

Oooh gothic fusion stuff sounds fun! I'll gladly tear it apart, but gently. No use causing major injury to it. There are other people on the boards who are more than happy and skilled at doing so.

Hope you have fun at YWS! I know I am ^_^

LUNA
I cannot name this
I cannot explain this
and I really don't want to
just call me shameless.

-Ani Di Franco "Shameless"

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:17 am
aeroman says...

Hey hey hey! Welcome to the site! We might have to come up with a new genre just for what you write, haha. You will enjoy yourself a ton here and meet so many people and learn so much. I know I have. So welcome!~

~Aero
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:12 am
Firestarter says...

Hey hellstrife!

Welcome to the site. I'm Jack, part of Big Brother, the people that run the site, so if you have any questions or concerns just PM me. Remember there's plenty of FAQs about, and don't forget the rules :wink:
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:29 pm
Myth says...

Greetings!

Welcome to the site! It is always great to see new members about. Let me know if you want anything critiqued :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:26 pm
Kel says...

I'm not the best at critiquing. :/ I do enjoy reading, though! I just don't know how helpful I'd be with an actual critique of your writing.

But welcome to YWS anyway! It's nice to meet you.
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:32 pm
niteowl says...

Hi. And welcome. Sometimes I feel like a gift-giving machine because I don't say anything else. Your writing sounds really interesting. However, I usually review in the poetry forums because I can't critique stories. Anyway, without further ado (as my cheesy announcer guy is on vacation), here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:39 pm
Ares says...

Hola chico. Welcome to our little community.

I'll see you around the boards.

-MH

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:00 pm
Cassandra says...

Hey, and welcome to YWS! I look forward to seeing your work around the site--PM me with any questions you've got! :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:04 pm
Snoink says...

YAY! WE'RE UNUSUALLY GOOD!

*squeals*

Um... welcome to our unusual writing site! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:11 pm
Incandescence says...

hellstrife--

The most unusual part of the site is actually the YWS Writing Blog, Squills, which randomly has tremendous in- and out-flux of use. It's sort of like girls going through their periods--they all get it at once!

Anyway, welcome to YWS!

Best,
Brad
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:47 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Um.. yeah, nice simile Brad. ;)

Just out of interest, what exactly is steampunk? Sounds.. vaguely familiar, but it'd be useful to know.

Hope you have fun here, though it sounds like you already are.. what with the 'unusually good' comment. Have to say I agree, by the way... t'is a fun place to be!

See you 'round the forums,

Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
— Steve Martin