z

Young Writers Society

Dionysian Festa!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:13 am
dionysian says...

Temproal toads,
My purpose here is to share my thoughts. Like all artists, we have a source of despair. One is not happy enough to write a serious piece of fiction. Aristotle says great art is an imitation of action because our misery comes from our actions; thus, we use great art as means to become more virtuous. I feel weighted down by a hideous, egalitarian, technological spreading of ideas; however, it shall be deemed good because the writing people value today is worth as much as the recycled paper they are printed on. So I take the name of the great god Dionysus because I want a revaluation of all values! The new immoralist is here!

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:21 am
Trident says...

Welcome! I thought perhaps you took the name because you were a big fan of wine. :wink: :mrgreen:
Perception is everything.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:42 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome honey to YWS, if you have any question what so ever please feel free to PM or email me. Heehee, my nickname in my senior Theory of Knowledge class was Aristotle.

Cheerios, CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:14 pm
Cassandra says...

Welcome to YWS! I look forward to seeing your work around the site, so if you have any questions or want any reviews, just send me a PM! :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:25 am
dionysian says...

Of course I love wine-- as a writer, love of wine should be a given.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:56 pm
-KayJuran- says...

Ah, love the name. Greek, right?

Had fun touring the site so far? Hope you're enjoying it...

Feel free to PM me if you need help.

See you 'round,

--Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:03 am
Myth says...

Welcome Dionysian,

I'm Myth and there are a lot of myths and legend lovers on the site so you'll feel right at home.

See you around.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:56 am
niteowl says...

Hello Dionysian. I don't have wine so I can't give you any, but I have smileys a-plenty, so here: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:

On a side note, I just noticed that Myth is 72...:?
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:32 pm
Wiggy says...

Sweet name Dino! Wine is always good...;)

I'm really glad you're here!!!! Thanks for coming to join this AWESOME community of writers! I'm sure you'll fit right in. In fact, I saw that you had posted your work already, and I plan to crit it later. :D

I'm Wiggy, specifically [i]the[i] Wiggy of YWS (courtesy to DD-she rocks too :D). I'm 15, love historical fiction, love writing in general, and just simply love this community! Thanks so much for becoming a part of it and I hope you enjoy your time here!

If you have any questions or just want to talk, feel free to PM me. See ya round the site!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
— George Santayana