z

Young Writers Society

pleased to meet you all...

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:47 am
zankoku_na_tenshi says...

Umm... well. I just created an account here, obviously. I'm not a particularly skillful author, so I'm very, very nervous about posting stories out among people much more clever and experienced than myself, (my inferiority complex really doesn't require anymore stoking) but I will make every effort to produce my very best, whether it is good enough to be enjoyed or (more likely) falls short of the work created by a five year old with a crayon. Please be patient with me, and know that I am honored to be part of such an amazing group of people.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:50 am
Poor Imp says...

zankoku_na_tenshi wrote:Umm... well. I just created an account here, obviously. I'm not a particularly skillful author, so I'm very, very nervous about posting stories out among people much more clever and experienced than myself, (my inferiority complex really doesn't require anymore stoking) but I will make every effort to produce my very best, whether it is good enough to be enjoyed or (more likely) falls short of the work created by a five year old with a crayon. Please be patient with me, and know that I am honored to be part of such an amazing group of people.

Welcome Zankoku. ^_^

Honestly, you'll fit in fine. We're all in need of improvement, and YWS is a great place to get critiques and (courteous and thoughtful) comments on your work. Oy, doubtless it's a lot better than you worry about... ^_^

If you've got any questions, feel free to ask or PM me. The 'greeters' (blue names) and mods are also terribly helpful and generally convivial. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:13 am
Nagem says...

Hi i just joined today and can tell you this site is very addicting. Welcome (back).
As I have said plenty of times already today, my name is Megan, but that's to normal for me. So, you can call me Nagem, Meg, Meggy Weggy (created by insane and bored friends) or anything else you like.
Feel free to PM or email me any time you want. I hope to see you around on here.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:05 am
J. Haux says...

Hello, Zankoku! Welcome to YWS. My name is Jacquie, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'd love to help. :D

Zankoku, don't hesitate to post your work. I haven't been on a site yet that matches the friendly, positive atmosphere of YWS. Almost any critique you have will be constructive, or at least polite. It's a great community. And as long as you like to write--you'll fit right in the crowd. :D

Go ahead and look around and have fun! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your writing. :D

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:09 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome hon,

It looks like you have come to right place. If you have any questions what so ever feel free to PM me.

Cheers, CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:04 pm
niteowl says...

Welcome zankoku! Here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:

If you have any questions, you can PM me or any of the other people who have already offered their question-answering services.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:28 pm
Snoink says...

We're not more clever. We're just... um... a lot more boastful and arrogant. XD

No, but nice to see you around! I'm sure you'll have fun. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:11 pm
Prosithion says...

Welcome. It's always nice to have new members. ^_^
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:26 pm
Rei says...

I go along with what Snoink said. And hey, I'm sure you're better then you think you are. Many writers are. I hope you like it here!
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:35 pm
David Guinness says...

Welcome Zankoku! Feel free to PM me or any admin/greeter/person who seems to know a lot about the site/etc...

I look forward to reading some of your work, and I hope you enjoy your stay at the Young Writers Society!
David Guinness

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:39 am
Areida says...

Hey, welcome to YWS! I'm Areida, but you can call me Ari if you like. I was really nervous about posting my stuff initially because everyone seemed so smart and cool. It's weird how you can feel shy even on the Internet, lol.

But if you need anything, holler at me in a PM and I'll be happy to help. Enjoy! :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:48 am
Wiggy says...

Hey Zan! I'm Wiggy and I'm really glad you're here! Don't be afraid to post your work-you'll get honest crits on here and no one is gonna chase after you with a knife if you make a few mistakes. :D We all do. lol

If you have an questions or just wanna chat, pm me! Nice to meet you!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:31 am
electricbluemonkey says...

In order to post something different from everyone else, I will translate my post into Portuguese.

Bem-vindo a YWS, pessoa com nome realmente bizarro. Se tem qualquer perguntas, assim como me ou qualquer um mais.

Espere-o gostar deste grande local.

Courtesy of freetranslation.com
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:49 am
Skye says...

Ugh, ebm took my idea! :P Just kidding, of course.

Well, you're probably all welcomed-out by now, but here I am anyways: WELCOME! I know you'll love it here, and you know what? I absolutely forbid you not to post something!

If there's any question at all you want to ask - literally anything! - please don't hesitate to PM me! :)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

'Like' and 'equal' are two entirely different things.
— Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time