z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [3]

Reviews: 3
Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:24 pm
Rey says...

Hello everyone. Myself Shreya and I am from India. My nickname is Rey so feel free to call me by that name. I really like writing and I wanted a platform where I can improve my skills. I guess this is it. I'm really glad I came across this site. Hope I do good, people like my work( I'll start posting soon once I'm familiar with this site) and I definitely want a really good mentor which this site definitely has. Looking forward to make new friends and to improve my writing skills. :)

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:37 pm
moonlightbh says...

Hello everyone!

I'm really happy I found this site. I've been wanting to find such site for a long time! I really love literature, especially poems, and I really want to try writing some myself. Though, I am quite insecure about my poems because I feel like they aren't that great sounding like others. Of course I can't be great at it since I'm a beginner, but I'd appreciate to learn a thing or two on this site!

You can all call me Moon. :) I'm very friendly usually so I won't bite anyone! :D
"Tell me the story about how the Sun loved the Moon so much he died every night to let her breathe. "

Random avatar

Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:01 pm
HappyBastard says...

Hi guys! I'm excited i found this site , i always wanted to start writting somewhere , but i never really liked the idea of starting a vlog , so this site seems just what i need. You can call me HB if you want as this are besite my nickname initials also my real name initials but you can call me just how you want to. English is not my main language and i've studied hardly any english in school , so my english is based on what i've got from movies or video games , so there are probably going to be plenty of mistakes in my writting , but i'm giving my best to improve in terms of grammer and vocabulary. I'm a quiet laid-back guy , i'm still in high-school and i spend most of the time watching movies or listening to music. I don't read an awful lot of books , i'd say i read one book every month but there are periods of time i dont read at all. Anyway i enjoy writting a lot even i have no clue i have any sort of talent. With this being said , now i'll probably dive in some of your stories and maybe start writting miself. Unless i take a nap before...

Random avatar

Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:53 am
yehetdontgaepsong says...

Hallo. As you can see by my standard, not personalized profile, I'm a new member XD I usually write poetry and short stories. Honestly, I'm mostly here to search for a beta. I am abosolutely horrible at reviewing my work and keeping up with my personal, pre-made deadlines, and unfortunately my previous beta who usually does all the pre-mentioned things is on vacation. Plus she will also be starting her senior year the upcoming school year filled with internships and whatnots, so I will soon be left without my saving link T.T Someone please help, and even if you can't help, I hope we can still be great pals! ;D I'll try to actually submit and be an active member of this community *pinky promise* so I hope you guys are ready for my harsh and critical reviews XD

Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:44 pm
onlyifthereiscake says...

First forum post ever!
Thanks for this post, it was helpful
I guess I'll come back when I have more to say.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:16 pm
AnnaGrace24 says...

Hi! My name is Anna-Grace and I am new. I love writing and I have never actually shared my writings with anyone. Up until now, all of my writings have been all extremely personal and private, but I am trying to step out of my comfort-box a little. So here I am. You all seem very welcoming and I am excited to let you all in on who I really am. Not many people truly know. So, hello! :D :smt003

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:02 pm
Sonder says...

Welcome, @Rey, @moonlightbh, @HappyBastard, @yehetdontgaepsong, @onlyifthereiscake, and @AnnaGrace24! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or any user with a green name. We're all happy to help. Enjoy your time here! :D
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:07 am
AnnaGrace24 says...

@nightcrawler thanks!!!
God's timing is never early and never late. It may take a little patience and faith, but it is worth the wait.

Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:22 pm
bvbashey4171 says...

Hi I'm new my friend EPICnumber1 showed this website to me and I hope I can have a great time here :)
We saved a dog today :)

Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:48 am
View Likes
TreeJet says...

Hello, all. You can call me, Tree. I am 27. I have a reverence for the magical ability of writing to create worlds that are rich in their history and lore. The characters in these worlds are what help define what it means to be human, and the infinite variety of cultures and langues to be explored and cherished. I am compelled to create complex character interactions and world building in a manner that does not detract from the pace of characters decisions dictating plot development.
I have learned to do this from consuming an insane amount of literature via many forms of media. I am appalled at the current state of our modern media. If I can educate young minds with appropriate approaches to finding their voice and how answer the five questions of who, what, when, how, and why, without those questions detracting from the pace of the story. This enriches the pace and allows for layering of literary treasures tucked away in the twists of plots good story telling allows for. The more I create and share, the more my work might be adapted and adjusted and ultimately inspires originality and beauty portrayed in a pursuit of perfection in personal prose.
I hope you enjoy my work and look forward to seeing yours grow into the great potential everyone innately can tap into.
Thanks,
Tree

Random avatar

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:13 am
mermaidwriter says...

Tree, neat, I am David, um I am out of highschool almost, writer, screenplay writer, song writer, and I am trying to write my mermaid story and get feedback and make some friends along the way I hope.
Today is my bday so I joined a forum for fun, maybe there are other writers out there right?
has anyone read Brandon mull ?

David

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:07 pm
AdmiralKat says...

Welcome @bvbashey4171, @TreeJet and @mermaidwriter! If you have any questions, be sure to PM me or anyone with a nice and colorful name(that isn't navy blue)!
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:57 pm
View Likes
readysaltedcrisps says...

Just arrived, what am I doing...

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:59 pm
Sonder says...

Hey there, @readysaltedcrisps. Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me or anyone with a colorful name (other than blue). Enjoy your time here! :)
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

240 Reviews

Reviews: 240
Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:00 pm
AdmiralKat says...

Welcome @readysaltedcrisps! Have any questions, feel free to ask!
Whale. Whale. Whale. What do we have here?
Some scurvy dog looking at my post, eh?

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart