The morning’s not yet casting gold
on white mountain humming nigh.”

so clinging boldly to blessed pain
those star-flushed tears dissolve
by angel’s hand I’ll behold it for last
because this is my resolve!

resolve10.png
resolve10.png (171.04 KiB) Viewed 107 times
Last edited by Daisuki on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:51 pm
FruityBickel says...

This is actually a really nice piece that I myself can not find any errors in. I loved the wording of it. It was..almost like Old English, but yet still modern. It really gave a good impact to the feeling of the poem. Like I said, there's really nothing wrong with this poem that I can see. The stanzas are broken up quite nicely, giving it a good flow.

in frozen close and failing mist
eyelashes catch on ice
and fool themselves into shattered grips
stirring not but twice

I really liked this opening stanza because it caught my attention. Job well done with that one. I also liked how you kept up with the rhyming, but didn't make it sound ridiculous and still managed to make the point of the poem clear. All in all, really great piece of work and keep writing, definitely.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:58 pm
Blues says...

Hey Daisuki!
I'm here as requested - I thought I'd do this one because it has only one review and you'd probably need another review on this one :)

You've got a very nice writing style, I must say. It's very fluent and it makes it a great read :D As Circle said, it's like old English but yet it's still contemporary. There were some great bits like:
eyelashes catch on ice

nascent green and soft-spoken yellow

All I can say is that it's so obvious that THIS IS YOU. This is your style - with your own stamp. That's what it feels like to us.

I fear this has become a comment on how awesome your style is.

Onto the important bit, the improvements
To be honest, there aren't any! XD I did come across one thing that I thought was a possible Typo:
stirring not but twice

Do you mean stirring not once but twice?

But otherwise, it was perfect - I really couldn't find anything that you could improve it! It was brilliant, like one of those featured works :)

Keep writing!
Mac

Random avatar

Reviews: 83
Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:57 pm
danipower0204 says...

I have to say, this was very very wonderful. I cannot believe you are 14 and writing this sort of stuff. Your first stanza hooks very nicely. You used great imagery, especially "nascent green and soft-spoken yellow" and "a warming flutter perturbs the frost" and my favorite "emerge from light deceased".

Your rhyming was good, nothing sounded forced and the flow was lovely. I am so impressed with this as I was getting a little fed up with YWS and the lack of actual literary devices. But you packed it all in, personification with eyelashes fooling themselves, imagery, and metaphors. Well done, truly well done!
Check out: http://www.planetsplash.com/
Providing News, Great Ideas, and More

I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe