z

Young Writers Society

The Art of Love

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 am
writerwithacause says...

Dear Mr. So-Called Artist,

Each time we revel ourselves in tender caresses and half-stolen kisses you become a painter and I – your blank canvas on which you paint so carefully and tenderly, the empty pages of a novel on which you start to write poems with no words with feather carresses. Every time you touch me you paint a picture with your hands, you write love stories of us both, and our lovemaking becomes an art itself. Every time you kiss me your lips paint a thousand words of love on mine. You need not tell me a word, you have your own artistic ways to tell me everything I need to know, and even more. I came to think, indeed, that every move of yours is in fact an art. For art is creation and imagination. With every caring touch you do create another unforgettable moment that sticks upon my memory forever. And so your art becomes eternal, but only inside my mind, as if it were a secret that only we know. As for imagination… I know better… that you have plenty! Although you always use the same canvas, your works of art are all different. Still, to me, all of them convey the same message of love. So authentic, and unoriginal… at the same time! Love is contradiction.

Though nothing compares with those unequalled, art-creating moments when I am your muse – your one and only source of inspiration! I love it when I am lying next to you silently – (oh, precious silence that is worth one thousand words!) – and I ask you to draw me a portrait. You accept so willingly, having no idea about my real intentions, with a naive smile upon your face that quickly disappears from your lips as I take off my clothes. Yes, I ask of you to draw a portrait of me, without any clothes on… and to show me how artist you truly are when it comes to other canvas than my own body. What a timid young boy you always seem to be when you so carefully study every inch of my body and still don't know which part of me to begin with. In the end, you say that I am a work of art myself and there is no way you could reproduce that on your canvas. You always begin with my face and stop somewhere between my shoulders and my thighs.

At times, I might ask you to describe me in words. But you give the same typical answer to me, that it is beyond words what I am asking you to do. How cliché. I'll tell you what: you are neither a painter, nor a writer. You're never an artist when it comes to anything else than our lovemaking! You are never "artist" enough with other canvas than my own thrumming body. Your hand is shaking and you never manage to finish your drawing, each time finding a silly excuse. I am never satisfied with the result, but I immediately forgive you as we always end up making love, the only art you can make. You just can not keep your hands off of me for a long time, can you?

I pretend to be disappointed, but only until you reveal your other artistic self, that part of you that I adore so much. And I am thinking, while you love me, that love is the immediate form of art for us, mortals. Artists are immortal... because they never die, their art will be forever remembered, unlike our art of love. For what is art, after all? Nobody can give an exact definition of it. Art is creation, it awakens certain feelings inside one's soul and I know better than anybody that this is what your love does to me. It makes me feel one thousand emotions at the same time through the simple game of touches. So, yes, what we do can be called an "art". You have proven it to me.

I am glancing at you as you try, a thousandth time, to make me a portrait. I silently laugh at your pretentious attempts. In the long run, I take your pencil from your hands and put it aside. My dear Mister So-Called Artist, don't try to overstep your artistic limits. Let's make the art that you are so good at!

Love,
your blank canvas that awaits to be painted on
Last edited by writerwithacause on Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:05 pm
lovethelifeulive says...

Hi!
Wow, you have such an amazing and creative way of writing. I love how the plot revolves around how he isn't really an artist execpt in...well, you know what.
I like how in the begining you are saying how he is such an amazing artist
The things in color are the things I adore:

the empty pages of a novel on which you start to write poems with no words with feather carresses. Every time you touch me you paint a picture with your hands, you write love stories of us both, and our lovemaking becomes an art itself. Every time you kiss me your lips paint a thousand words of love on mine. You need not tell me a word, you have your own artistic ways to tell me everything I need to know, and even more. I came to think, indeed, that every move of yours is in fact an art. For art is creation and imagination

I really like the creation and imagination parts! Brilliant and original.
I like how at first you bring him out as the most amazing artist,
but then in the middle paragraphs, you reveal how he really isn't that good:

At times, I might ask you to describe me in words. But you give the same typical answer to me, that it is beyond words what I am asking you to do. How clich�. I'll tell you what: you are neither a painter, nor a writer. You're never an artist when it comes to anything else than our lovemaking! You are never "artist" enough with other canvas than my own thrumming body.

Ohhhh no she didn't! *snap*
And the ending was amazing! Leaving the reader wanting more!

I am glancing at you as you try, a thousandth time, to make me a portrait. I silently laugh at your pretentious attempts. In the long run, I take your pencil from your hands and put it aside. My dear Mister So-Called Artist, don't try to overstep your artistic limits. Let's make the art that you are so good at!

Love,

Bravo! The ending was magnificent.
Thank you so much for posting it and I hope to see more "artwork" like this from you!
Have a wonderful weekend!
If you prick us, shall we not bleed?
If you tickle us, shall we not laugh?
If you poison us, shall we not die?
If you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
The Merchants of Venice-Shakespear
Love the life u live,
and live the life u love

133 Reviews

Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:07 pm
writerwithacause says...

Thank you so much for the review, lovethelifeulive! It made my day! :) I am truly honoured that you think so.
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:50 am
Georgiexx says...

Heya :D
I just wanted to say "wow".
This is deep and the reader can capture the emotions that flow through your story. You are an execptional writer and i think this has great potential.

I liked at the beginning how you stated that...
you are neither a painter, nor a writer. You're never an artist when it comes to anything else than our lovemaking!

That was pure brilliant in my point of view. Loved it :P

I am never satisfied with the result, but I immediately forgive you as we always end up making love, the only art you can make.

I think this was my favourite line.. just wanted to tell you ;)

Anyway, the only issues i found were..
lovemaking!You are never

Just a space before "You"
Love,

Only needed a full stop.

*claps hands excitedly* Well done on not getting anything too gramatically incorrect!
Very well written, keep writing :D

Love Georgie xxXXxx
Today im happier than a bird with a french fry ;)

133 Reviews

Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:37 am
writerwithacause says...

Thank you very much, Georgie! It was written in one of my inspirational moments, hehe! Thanks again!

my fictionpress

133 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:28 pm
writerwithacause says...

Anybody, reviews? :D

my fictionpress

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:14 pm
Kagi says...

Hey!

Wow, this shows talent. I love your description. Its like watching honey ooze slowly out of a honey pot.
Really moving. I loved it. My favourite line was;

Each time we revel ourselves in tender caresses and half-stolen kisses you become a painter and I – your blank canvas on which you paint so carefully and tenderly, the empty pages of a novel on which you start to write poems with no words with feather carresses.

Somehow you got is so right in such short words. The flow was brilliant and every emotion was excellently expressed. How on earth do you do it?

You showed that you put effort into this by making no grammar errors. Your punctuation was flawless and your words choice was unravelling. How you pick the words you do and make it seem so... easy us unknown to me.

Th way you write is a credit to you. Its so clean and strong. It shows depth
You have one awed reader right here and you should be proud. It's amazng inside and out. You invented love in writing. This is exaclt how it is. No one could have described it better.

Well done again and keep writing. 'LIKE'
kagi xo
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

133 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:09 pm
View Likes
writerwithacause says...

Thanks so much, kakagirl! :)

my fictionpress

133 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:18 am
writerwithacause says...

Anybody else willing to review?

my fictionpress

Goos are anarchists.
— WeepingWisteria