z

Young Writers Society

Taboo [13] End Part One

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:02 pm
Shearwater says...

Chapter Thirteen (Liliah)

“Never say I love you, if you don't really care- Never talk about feelings if they aren't really there- Never touch a life if you mean to break a heart- Never say you're going to if you don't plan to start- Never look me in the eye if all you do is lie- Never say hello if you really mean goodbye.” ~Unknown

~~~

The blistering cold pinched my cheeks and bit my nose. I needed to talk to someone, to spill all the details and get some help. That person was Olivia. My hand dug into my pockets and I pulled out my cell phone. My feet continued down the empty sidewalk, making their way to whatever place.
The phone rang three times before Olivia finally picked up.
“Hello?”
“Olivia,” I whispered. The previously dried tears were making their way back to my eyes and it took every ounce of strength to keep my voice from shaking. “I need to talk to you.”
“Um, okay. What is it?” she asked.
“Can you meet me, at the park?” There was no way I could pour myself out on a phone. Her comfort and warm hands were the things I needed.
“Like, right now?”
“Yes,” I said.
There was a pause. “Liliah, are you okay?”
“Can you meet me?” I asked, ignoring her question.
“Yeah, I’ll be there in ten minutes,” she replied.
My hands burrowed into the pockets of my sweater to keep warm. When I reached the soundless park, I sat on the swing and watched the emptiness. No one would be out on this cold day. The wind echoed in my ears as the rusted chains moaned with every movement. A few minutes later, a red car parked in front and Olivia came out. The sound of the door shutting made me realize how much of a hurry she was in, rushing over to me in her pajamas which consisted of sweat pants and a pink sweater.
“Liliah.” She instantly pulled herself down on the swing next to me and gripped the chains. “What’s wrong? What happened?”
“I...I have to tell you something,” I muttered, not sure of where to start.
“What is it?”
“It’s about Luke.”
“I kind of figured that much,” she answered. “Tell me what he did this time.”
“We kissed.”
She let out a gasp and said nothing for a moment, taking in the shock. Her finger brushed through her blond locks and she smiled. “Seriously?” A laugh escaped her lips and I turned to face her, wondering why she would do that. “I knew there was something going on between you two. Only a matter of time until something actually happened.”
“But he’s my brother! I didn’t even…he kissed me first and Mom, she can’t know about this!” I retorted.
“You guys aren’t even blood related.” Olivia simply shrugged. “What did you say to him?”
I told her everything. How I had been ignoring him and his attempts to speak to me. I told her of our fight in the kitchen she glared at me, like I was the one in the wrong.
“You actually said that to him?” Her jaw dropped. “Called him selfish?”
“I didn’t mean to…the words just came out. Besides, he’s being unreasonable,” I said. Though, the words tasted like salt as they came out of my mouth. Basically, behind my words, I told Luke he should be grateful for all we’ve done. Like we owned him, like he was a dog we picked off the streets. I gulped thinking of how horrible I sounded in that moment.
“I get that you don’t want to hurt your mom, I get it that you think it’s a big sin or whatever. But you definitely went overboard with the whole selfish thing. That was mean and he has feelings for you. That’s harsh, Liliah.” She began to swing slowly. “I think you should apologize.”
I bit my lip. She was right. I said some harsh things and even went far enough to scrap the edges of his dark wounds.
“Thanks Olivia. I’m gonna go talk to him or something…we can figure it all out then,” I said, getting off the seat. Massaging my temples, I tried to think of how to even begin. This entire problem was a spider web and I didn’t have the slightest idea at which end to start at.
Olivia got up and wound her arms around me. Her hug pulled me in and it was weird how much I loved her hugs. Every time we embraced, it felt like hugging a marshmallow or a cloud.
“Hmm, let me know what happens,” she said.
“Kay,” I replied with a nod.
~~~

When I returned home, the house was quite. The lights were on but I didn’t hear a single sound.
“Luke,” I called silently at first. Perking my head right and left around the living room, I decided he wasn’t downstairs.
My knuckles tapped his wooden door upstairs but I received no answer. Of course he wouldn’t want to see me or talk to me after all that I had said.
“Luke, let’s talk. I’m sorry about what I said,” I replied. After knocking on the door twice, I gave up and twisted the doorknob. Forcing my way in, I looked at his once clean and tidy room become a whirlpool of disaster. Things were sprawled out everywhere, books opened, and papers lie on the floor as if someone threw them up and let them land in whatever place.
It took me a minute to take it all in. Luke was a clean person, he liked things in order and never once had I witnessed his room in a mess. But there was something wrong with this scene, not just the untidiness but there were things missing.
My heart leaped, accelerating into a fast beat as I swung open his closet. Gone, all this clothes, his possessions, books and whatever else he had were all gone. My hands frantically tried to look for a piece of him, something like a forgotten shirt but there was nothing. Without a moment to spare, I wrenched open his drawers only to find specks of dust.
“No…No…”
Whipping around, I made it back downstairs, hoping he’d be in the kitchen. Perhaps he was waiting for me with his bags in a last attempt at some type of truce. But to my disappointment, the kitchen was unoccupied. I spun in a circle, thinking and cursing to myself. He packed his things, all his things and just left? My hands patted the fridge, searching for at least a note but the scrambled alphabet and picture magnets said nothing.
My fingers began to shake and I was drowning in denial. He wouldn’t do something so stupid and he couldn’t just leave like that. I cocked a head, noticing a sprawl of albums on the living room coffee table. I hadn’t noticed them before.
Making my way towards the clutter, I felt my heart stammer inside my chest. Every picture we had taken of Luke had been torn out of the plastic. Feverishly, I turned every page of the album, searching for him and any single picture he might have left behind but there were none. With a burst of anger, I shoved the thick album to the floor. The pictures fell with a thud that sounded like a crumpling building in the noiseless room. Curses hissed their way out of my gritted teeth as I leaned back.
What if he was still around?
Without allowing myself a second thought, I pushed myself off the leather couch and made my way towards the backyard. The cool breeze echoed, whistling in my ears as I straightened my hair. The lawn was empty, nice, and clean and cut, just as Luke had left it. My bare foot touched the chilly grass. Beneath, they felt like tiny little knives ticking my sensitive skin. The sky was gray, with thunder clouds crawling their way in and from the horizon, flocks of birds exploded, chirping like the sound of many bells. They flew in a circular motion then disappeared.
I rounded the house, my attention at the highest peak. I kept thinking he was around somewhere. That he couldn’t have just run off without saying something. He wasn’t that type of guy. He wouldn’t hurt Mom like that, or me.
But the more I continued to think of the things he was incapable of doing, the more they became real. Once I made it back to the front yard, a silver Honda was parked in the driveway. The driver side door flew open and Mom stepped out holding a few grocery bags.
“Sweetheart, you want to help me with these groceries?” she asked, handing me a bag. It weighed possibly a ton and my muscles ached under the load.
“Mom…” I wanted to tell her, but at the same time the fear that her reaction wouldn’t be a clean one made me halt.
We made our way towards the kitchen and set the overstuffed bags on the table. Mom’s eyes perked up, scanning the room behind me.
“Where’s Lucas?” she asked. “Tell him to come help us with dinner, I was thinking since I came home early today, we could prepare something big.”
I swallowed. My fingers were tickling and a nervous sweat broke loose on my forehead.
She was about to turn around but she caught it, the uneasiness inside of me. The fear, the hurt, the sadness, the confusion…she caught it and her loving eyes dove into mine as she faced me with pressed lips.
“Liliah, what’s wrong?” She asked, leaning towards me. “Did something happen? Why are you so pale? Do you feel sick? If you feel sick, I can give Dr. Evans a call and he could check you up in a second,” she said.
“Luke,” I choked. The funny thing was I hadn’t spilt a tear since I came home but now they were bubbling at the corner of my eyes. Waiting for the right tick and then all hell would break loose and I’d cry like no tomorrow. I clenched my jaw, forcing down the lump in my throat.
“What about Luke?” she asked, raising a brow.
“He’s not here,” I whispered.
“Then where is he?”
“I don’t…I don’t know,” I said.
“When is he coming back?”
Sucking in a breath, I forced myself to look away. “I don’t know.” Fingers clasped my hand and I shoot a teary look at my Mother. Her brows were tight, and she dared me to say nothing.
“Liliah…what’s going on?”
With my lips twisting and the sudden leakage from my eyes I let out a tiny cry. “He’s gone, all his things are gone, he took the pictures, and he took everything! I don’t know…I don’t know where he is. There’s no note but...I, it’s my fault, Mom. I said some mean things but I didn’t mean them. He just didn’t understand how much I loved you. I couldn’t love him like that, Mom. Those things, they were out of a moment of hatred. He took them too seriously and when I came home, he was gone, Mom. Everything is gone,” I sobbed, falling into her chest. I begged for forgiveness while at the same time, wanted her to slap me for my mistake for causing her grief.
“When do you think he left?” she asked, keeping a calm voice.
I sniffed into her sweater and shrugged. “He was here in the afternoon, we fought and I went outside to talk to Olivia. I was gone for an hour maybe…I rushed right back to apologize but when I got back, he wasn’t here. His room is empty, all his clothes, his backpack and his pictures are gone.”
“He couldn’t have gotten far.” She separated us with a gentle push. A chill ran down my spine as her grip on my shoulder hardened. “Liliah, I want to call everyone that Luke knows, see if he went to a friend’s house to cool off or something. I’ll go grab my coat and run a few laps around the neighborhood.”
Wiping my wet cheeks with the back of my hand, I nodded. She quickly went to her room to fetch her coat and an umbrella. Snatching the phone, I dialed Olivia’s number, but before I could hit the call button, I heard a curse from Mom’s room.
“Mom, what is it?” I asked.
She was on her knees, next to her bed. The drawer where she kept all her important documents was open. Her hands searched through the mess of papers, a frantic look in her eyes and she muttered something incomprehensible.
“Mom,” I called again.
“He took them,” she muttered, resting her hands on the edge of the drawer.
“What’s gone?”
“His papers, all of them. Social security, birth certificate, they’re gone,” she replied. I bit my lip, not knowing what else to say but the hammering inside my chest didn’t quiet down. “I have to find him, right now,” she said. Mom stood up and grabbed her coat and keys. I trailed behind her, like a little duckling until she stopped me by the front door. A finger lifted towards me. “Don’t forget to call and call me if you find out anything.”
“Yes, Mom.”
“Jesus Christ.” She muttered before slamming the door. Outside, the engine snarled and tires burned against the floor as a flash of lights moved across the living room from the large windows.
The phone was still in my hand as I sat down on the couch. My thumb punched in Olivia’s numbers quickly and I held the phone to my ear.
“Hello?” Olivia answered. “Liliah, what’s up? Did you talk to Luke?”
“Olivia, Luke’s missing,” I said, swallowing the eruption of guilt and tears which were trying to force their way out.
“Oh my god, what happened?”
“I came home and he was gone. He took everything even his papers and now…Mom just went to check the neighborhood.”
“Aren’t you going to call the cops?” she asked.
I shifted in my seat. “I don’t know. Mom didn’t say anything. If we can’t figure out where he is, then yeah, I guess.” A crack of thunder made me jump and I looked out the rectangular window. Violent rain began to pour and slap our windows silly. My palms wiped the tears on my cheeks.
“It’s raining…” I replied.
“I hope he’s okay,” Olivia murmured.
“Yeah…me too.” I tried hard to not worry. That maybe everything would work out and we’d all be fine. I used to think that I was invincible. That I was untouchable, but when my Father passed away I knew that was impossible. Bad things could happen to anyone and you didn’t have control over the universe. With that realization I had no idea how this would turn out.
A flash of lightning scattered my senses. With a sigh, I leaned back against the couch, rubbing my neck.
Back during that time, where I sat on the couch waiting for Luke and my Mother, I thought about a lot of things. What exactly did I feel towards Luke? Could it be labeled as love? Or was I mistaking my own sisterly love for romance?
Luke was a rollercoaster. He made me happy until I felt like his smile was the only light. He could make me sad, cry and drown in my own river of tears. He annoyed me, scared me, yet I liked him like no other. Sitting there on the couch, watching as he slowly pulled our once peaceful life apart with tweezers, I couldn’t help but feel robbed.
Why did he do this? What was to gain from running away? He was losing an education, a family, a life, a home…Why was he being so stubborn?
I stayed on the phone for the next couple hours. Olivia didn’t leave my side. Every now and then she’s say something like, “It’s alright. It’ll be fine. You’ll find him or he’ll come home.” I wanted to believe in those words but it was impossible. Luke didn’t make decisions without thinking about them. If he wanted to runaway, he knew how to execute everything correctly.
The sound of the front door unlocking made me jump on my heels. I quickly said bye to Olivia and turned off the phone. Mom came in, by herself. Setting the umbrella on the ground, she then proceeded to slip of her coat with a frown.
“You didn’t find him?” I asked.
“No,” she said. Walking over, she joined me and we both sat on the long couch together.
“What are we going to do now? Should we call the police? File some reports? Do you think he’ll come back?” I edged closer and tried to find some sort of answer but Mom was just empty. Her attention sat still on the albums that lay on the coffee table.
After a brief moment she replied. “Let’s wait until morning. If he doesn’t show up then, we’ll call the police.” Then she turned to me. “Liliah, what did you say to him that would make him leave? I knew you two quarreled every now and then but I didn’t think it was this serious. What did you say?”
What would I tell her? That Luke and I held some indistinct feelings for each other? I couldn’t accept him and I did it so I wouldn’t break Mom’s heart. I wanted to help her with this and create a picture perfect family which she desired but I failed.
I didn’t answer her question and she let out a sigh, rubbing her head. She looked angry at me, disappointed even and it made my insides twist.
“Go to sleep. We’ll talk in the morning,” she said. Lifting herself off the couch, she made it to her room and I heard the door shut, the sound made me bite my lip.
Alone in the accepting stillness of the living room, I began to weep as silently as I could. Luke…I hated him. Because he decided to so foolishly leave us, Mom would become sour towards me. She’d think it was my fault, which it was, but in my defense I was going to apologize for my moment of cruelty. The worst part about it was that I couldn’t tell her the truth.
~~~

That next morning, we waited until the afternoon before calling the police and getting them involved. Since Luke was eighteen, Mom couldn’t report him as a runaway but she could file him as a missing person. However, if the police did find him and if Luke refused to return home then there was nothing we could do.
Even so, Mom didn’t report him missing because she knew he left on his own will. The police did look for him but gave up after a few weeks of failure. They had no leads.
And slowly, just as Luke intended, he faded away. Mom and I went back to our lives. It wasn’t the same, we smiled less often and never did we bring up his name. He was now like my Father. A person who engraved himself into our hearts then left us with nothing but sorrow, a sadness in which we were too afraid to confront. Therefore, they were buried in hopes that we would forget.
But I knew all too well that this scar would never vanish. I kindled the pain and the desire to hate him and curse him for leaving us. What would happen if we were to cross paths one day? I would not be so gentle the next time…

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:38 pm
Sunshine says...

Ok I probaly wouldn't be saying anything at all but since I'm the first to read it... *Sobs* I probaly could say something mean about it ( Ok I'm so lieing, but go with it) but I'm to emotionally over it to even think. You really gave Lilah true feelings and... * Starts crying again* The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the ending.

I would not be so gentle the next time…

This just doesn't like the right ending to a beutiful first part. Honestly, I wouldn't put the rest under discussions. This way you can still gain fans!
Love, Crafty
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:09 pm
rumblythunderxox says...

I really liked the ending. Lilah's true feelings are out, you get a sense of the bitter feelings that were left behind from Luke. I think when you wrote 'I would not be so gentle the next time" was a great way to end it. When someone leaves who loves you and you love them, it truely changes a person right? Ya it's harsh, it's mean but the situation Luke put Lilah and her mom in is harsh aswell.
I wont nitpick, that's not what I do. But i hope my opinion helps. I truly think you did a good job.
=)
Write with your heart first
then with your head

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:30 pm
Caerulean says...

Woot! Finally, a new chapter is up! :D So here I go again xD.

Nitpicks:

“Can you meet me, at the park?”
- I think an ellipsis is more preferable that a comma here.

“Like, right now?”
- Same here.

- Since Liliah has already asked this question, maybe you should add 'again' after 'asked'.

“But he’s my brother!"
- You may want to put a comma after 'but' if you want... (xD) for formality purposes.

I told her of our fight in the kitchen she glared at me, like I was the one in the wrong.
- There seems to be a couple of errors here. Um...rewrite?

"...But you definitely went overboard with the whole selfish thing..."
- Comma after 'but'

“Thanks Olivia"
- Comma after 'thanks'

When I returned home, the house was quite.
- Typo XD. 'quite' --> 'quiet'

Of course he wouldn’t want to see me or talk to me after all that I had said.
- Comma after 'course'

(Maybe I should start using red font like the others lol)

Gone, all this clothes...
- Typo. 'this' --> 'his'

I cocked a head.
- 'a head' --> 'ahead'

Without allowing myself a second thought, I pushed myself off the leather couch and made my way towards the backyard.
- I think you forgot to mention that she sat on the couch because you said that she 'pushed herself off'.

They flew in a circular motion then disappeared.
- Maybe it's more preferable to use 'and' than 'then'.

But the more I continued...
- Comma after 'but'

“Mom…” I wanted to tell her, but at the same time...
- Comma after 'time'.

Waiting for the right tick and then all hell would break loose and I’d cry like no tomorrow.
- You mean 'like there was no tomorrow', right?

With my lips twisting and the sudden leakage from my eyes I let out a tiny cry.
- Comma after 'eyes'

I used to think that I was invincible. That I was untouchable, but when my Father passed away I knew that was impossible.
- I think this part was wrongly punctuated.
- Comma after 'away'

With that realization I had no idea how this would turn out.
- Comma after 'with'.

I stayed on the phone for the next couple hours.
- 'couple of hours'

If he wanted to runaway...
- 'run away'

Other comments:
I had problems with feeling Liliah's emotions every time she had emotional conversations in this chapter. I don't know if it was just just me but I really didn't feel them. I didn't feel the pain. I didn't feel her crying. (Ugh. I'm sounding too harsh right now >.<)

One more thing is that Olivia was suddenly given more participation in the story. I think that she was not that developed in the earlier chapters although you put her in every now and then. I don't know. It felt somehow sudden.

Conclusion:
Well, I still liked this chapter. :D This was like an Edward leaving kind of thing XD, like the 'It will be as if I never existed' kind of drama or something like that, haha. That was what I imagined, especially in the last chapter. My main problem with this chapter is the emotion. I don't know if I just went numb or something >.<. Also, you forgot something in the ending. The mom said they would talk about it in the morning but it seemed like they didn't when the morning came.

I will be waiting for the next chapter! :D Too bad it won't be on the forums though. :(
- Whisperer -
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:44 pm
borntobeawriter says...

My Wubby! I am sorry!

I read this a few days ago on my IPOD and didn't want to try to type on that device from hell, so I was going to wait to come here. But I forgot. Well, here I am!

I loved this. Turns out well, I think, that you decided not to kill off Dianne, but you will really see it after finishing the novel. Once everything's tied together, you'll see whether it's better than she's alive or not.

I loved the ending. Especially considering how she dogged Luke's every step before, now she's growing from the experience. Can't wait to see when they get face to face...

I loved the writing and I loved the emotion. I didn't feel anything was off. Nicely done. :D

Tanya :D

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:25 pm
Sins says...

Puuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnk!

I apologise massively for taking 100000 years to get to this... I only realised that it was posted a few days ago, and since then, I've been awflly busy with requests and junk. Oh, and sorry in advance for any dodgy typo's you find in this review. There's no spell checker on this laptop, so I won't notice them. You know me and typo's... :D

I'm not going to bother with nit-picks because, well, don't think you have any... Besides, there are more important things to cover. Not that there's actually much to critiue about this, but hey, you get th idea. Sorry... I'm blabbering... I'll shut up now and get on with your review! Prepare for the typo's!

As a whole, I liked this. I especially liked your ending here, Punk. I'm so glad that Liliah isn't all "Oh, it's my fault my true love has gone! I was horrid to him; I deserve to lose him!" Blah, blah, blah. Things like that bug me... Instead, Liliah is clearl angry at Luke for leving her and especially her mother. The last line summed it all up, and I ike the idea of her being angry at him, nit crying over her loss. I mean, seriously? Bela Swan, get over yourself. :D Your grammar was great, as sual, and so was your spelling. Go Punk! At this rate, I won't be eating your penguins anymore...

My main issue with this chapter is actually what Whisperer said. I found that Liliah's emotions in this... Well, didn't really get to me, for some reason. I think it might have been because you spilled an awful lot of them out in one chapter. I also thought that they were a little telly, not showy... It's hard to explain... I think part of it is because some of the emotions that came out of Liliah almost felt forced? Hmm... I'm sucking at this. I think you kind of see where I'm coming from though. I hope you do because I'm stuggling terribly to explain it.

My only other little issue here is acout Diane. It's abotu her eaction to the whole situation. Basically, I find her reaction a little odd. From previous chapters, we've learnt that Diane's quite an emtional person. Or at leas I have... I'm a freak though, so who knows? The problem I'm having with hr reactions right now is the fact that she acts awfully calm about Luke disappearing, and if I didn't know any better, I'd almsot think that it didn't bother her. Maybe you could have her acting calm, but when she returns home after looking for Luke, Liliah could hear her sobbing in her bedroom or something? That's just a suggestion though. There are plenty of things that you could do to help make Diane's reaction a bit more like her... I think her reaction could suit her character a little better.

Other than that, I can't think of any specific issues that I have. Another good chapter, Punk. Well done! You've saved 5 penguins thank to this now. The rest fo 'em are screwed though. All that you ned to do is to give this a bit of an edit with the help of your reviewers critiques. If you fix some little things, this could be great!

Keep writing,

xoxo Skins
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:42 pm
LiveLaughLove says...

Beautiful, amazing, awesome, magnificent, epic! Should I go on??? Basically, I love it and can't wait for your next chapter. (I find that I'm repeating that every time I post something on here. lol)

Sierra :mrgreen:
If you look deep enough you will see music; the heart of nature being everywhere music.
Thomas Carlyle

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:44 pm
Cassie9960 says...

wow.... I really enjoy reading your stories. I can't wait until the next part comes out! Let me know!

~Cassie~

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:48 am
MiaParamore says...

Hey there, Pinky! So don't think I was waiting for your request to come and then I was planning on to review this-not at all. Dad!

My feet continued down the empty sidewalk, making their way to whatever place.
I know what you mean by this sentence but the word 'whatever' just doesn't suit here and it's giving an impression of being forced. I know what you mean by 'whatever', that her feet were just moving, she had no idea where they would lead her to. So, just try this sentence some other way.

Li has already asked this question once, so now what she needs to say after the same dialog can be something like 'I pressed', 'I repeated, ignoring her question.' That is what would give it a way of desperation in her voice.

My hands burrowed into the pockets of my sweater to keep warm.
I liked this sentence a lot.

“I...I have to tell you something,” I muttered, not sure of where to start.
Right,so this orange part seemed totally wrong to me in the way it had been framed. So I would like you to either add 'from' in the end, or just re-phrase it to-," I muttered. not sure where to start from.'

I told her of our fight in the kitchen, she glared at me, like I was the one in the wrong.

I had said some harsh things and even went far enough to scrap the edges of his dark wounds.

“Thanks Olivia. I’m gonna go talk to him or something…we can figure it all out then,” I said, getting off the seat.
When you address some person directly you place a comma after or before their name.
For example: I am here, Luke.
I am not going anywhere, Olivia.

“Hmm, let me know what happens,” she said.
For me, I think there could have been some expression in the tone of how Olivia said. She could have smiled or winked or something. I really am curious to know about the body language of Olivia.

Things were sprawled out everywhere, books opened, and paperslielay on the floor as if someone threw them up and let them land in whatever place.

I cocked a head, noticing a sprawl of albums on the living room coffee table. I hadn’t noticed them before.
'cocked a head'? Did you mean she cocked her head? Then why are you saying 'a'. It's understood that she has only one and only one head.

Waiting for the right tick and then all hell would break loose and I’d cry like there's no tomorrow.

Fingers clasped my hand and I shoot a teary look at my Mother.
We are in past, so it would be 'shot', and not 'shoot'.

Ah, there were many mistakes here and there and I think it was the most this time. Maybe you were busy so didn't have time to review, anyways, this was good as a chapter, can do a bit with more editing and more of descriptions-in emotion.
I thought in the first half, Olivia was blank like a paper. Her words did the thing of conveying her thoughts, but I couldn't really feel what she wanted, what she was feeling and all. I really wanted for you to show how she was standing, how was she talking, was there pain or sympathy in her voice and all that stuff. This might be not very important to the story, but remember that Olivia is also a very important part of their life since she's her best friend and she has seen them both together. So you should be careful of how you're going to handle Olivia-it's damn important. My other nit-pick is going to be some weird sentences you had in here, and some weird words squeezed here and there. it just felt wrong. Other thing is that I know that you have a good grammar, but somewhere, maybe because of some silly mistakes I felt the other way around today.

I don't think I would agree with Whis and Skins on their thinking that Li's emotions were not clear. I think she was very clear in her thoughts, and at a point I could feel the same nervousness or the anxiety she was going through, so I think you did a good job on that. The descriptions in terms of her emotions were clear, the scene where she discovers he is missing could have been better for sure. I was really excited to know more about how the room looked. How the things were missing, more descriptions , more feelings. My last opinion of this would be that I felt that the last part where she tells how they couldn't find him and had to move on with their lives could have been more melodramatic, more lengthy, for no other reason but to make the piece more informative and well-emotionalised. Also, what about the mother? Wasn't she supposed to freak out? It was not at all normal that she'd have accepted defeat so easily and not been worried about it. You should really bring in more of her in this chapter. Other than this I don't have much to say, but that your little mistakes were scattered all around here, and I think you can work on them or just avoid them from the next time. I am really looking forward to see how the leap comes out and how things work out. I can't wait for the next. Really!

Until then,
Shubhi
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

If you have a dream, you have a duty to make it come true.
— Marco Pierre White