z

Young Writers Society

Resize Without Photobucket

318 Reviews

Reviews: 318
Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:29 pm
Abigail_W. says...

I'm sure most of us have read Elinor Brynn's article on how to resize your photography. She says to make register to Photobucket if you don't already have an account. But what if you don't feel like registering for a Photobucket account, or your parents won't let you?

Follow these steps if you own a PC.

1. Right-click on the photo you would like to resize. On the gray drop-down menu that just appeared, click on "Save Image As ..." Type in whatever you want your photograph to be called, making sure that it is saved as a JPG in your "My Pictures" folder.

2. Open Paint. Click the "Start" button on the botton left-hand corner of your screen, then follow All Programs --> Accessories --> Paint.

3. Either hit Ctrl+O or go to File ... Open. Open the photo you saved previously.

4. Depending on your version of Paint, either click on the Resize/Skew button at the top of your page OR hit Ctrl+W/ Image ... Resize/Skew.

5. A small window will pop up where you will decide how much to resize your photo by. For instance, if you want to make the photo be half of its original size, type "50%" in both the box labeled "Vertical" and the box labeled "Horizontal." If you want the photo to be one fourth of its original size, type "25%" in these boxes.

Voila! Your images have been resized! Now save them once more and post them as attachments for all of us to marvel at!

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:34 pm
View Likes
Juniper says...

Nice post, Abigail! Thank you!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:43 am
Jenthura says...

For really old versions of MSpaint, just make a selection and cress Ctrl++ or Ctrl+-, depending on whether you want the image to get smaller or larger. It's limited, but at least it works.
-ж-Ж-ж-

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:40 am
Mizzle says...

Love this! Thanks, Abigail - this is so helpful.

Just to add to this, though, you don't even need to do what Abigail said! (Crazy, right?)

I just use www.tinypic.com - and, yeah, you can make an account, but you don't have to. And it lets you upload a picture and choose the size you want! It's a pretty self-explanatory process (labeled buttons and all) and in the end it gives you links for forums, image codes, etc. I find it super useful!

x Mizz
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:10 pm
TreeHugger12 says...

Thanks!
Repensum est canicula.

Veni, vidi, nates calce concidi!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:40 am
cleverclever says...

You are a very good person :)

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
— Mark Twain