z

Young Writers Society

Guess Who

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Fri May 28, 2010 11:51 am
Phoenix57flame says...

Hello all!

I'm doing an art project called 'Guess Who'. I'm making faces in mudbox (a program for 3D). I want to know if you can guess who they are! I'm not too concerned with detail just want to get across who they are first!

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri May 28, 2010 1:19 pm
sarebear says...

Uh, all I really see is lord voldemort...I'm not sure who this is. Unless the mystery person really has a top lip that is rumpled and a bottom lip that is scarred, I would try to smoothe this out. Despite being unsure of his identity, he looks really good!
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll eat for a lifetime. Talk to a hungry man about fish, and you're a psychologist.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Fri May 28, 2010 1:35 pm
Day says...

So far it looks nice, but I am truly baffled at who it could be. Like SareBear said the lip is really strange, but maybe that is a give away to whoever it is. Although I don't think it could be Lord Voldemort. I think you should add some hair or something if no one can guess soon because I have no clue.

~Day
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri May 28, 2010 4:32 pm
darkangel_05 says...

Hello. So I am here to give my suggestion.

I think it's just a simple guy, not a villain like Voldemort or stuff. Maybe it's an actor on TV, a black American to be exact. Well, his lips are pouty, like he's trying to kiss something or he's just puckering them.

I think DayDreams is correct; a little hair would do the trick. Add some details also. :)
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat May 29, 2010 6:18 pm
Rydia says...

Hey hey! I'm Claire's sister, just here to let you know that the guess of African descent is correct but Voldemort is certainly wrong XD It's a male actor if that's any help.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 pm
captain.classy says...

Hey there!

So what I see here is Martin Luther King Junior. Maybe that's just because we just watched a movie on him... haha.

When I'm not trying to look at this and figure out who it is (which deeply frustrated me) I was completely amazed! This is so awesome. 3D is becoming the 'next best thing' when it comes to cinematography. You definitely have a talent for it. This person looks so real!

As far as a review goes, you didn't ask for mentioning of details, so I won't. I think that this is amazing. I love how you made the facial hair on the face stand out. It's so shiny, detailed, and realistic. Bravo!

I hope to see more of these. I'm stuck in the old ages of art when you use a 2 point pencil and a piece of scratch paper; but you're ready for the future!

Keep... 3Ding? haha

Classy

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Sat May 29, 2010 10:37 pm
lilymoore says...

I really don't have much to say...I just want to take a stab at this and ask if this is Will Smith?
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Sat May 29, 2010 11:43 pm
Jenthura says...

LOL, I thought it was Mike Murphy!
-ж-Ж-ж-

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun May 30, 2010 2:30 am
Lava says...

Hey Phoenix!

Kitty's sis, eh? Cool, so I'll get onto this. I've used mudbox, about twice, and it was fun. Though I could never come come up with this.
Honestly, I don't know a lot of people, so I can't tell you who this should look like, so from what people have mentioned below,
I googled Martin L. King's pictures, but if it's him, he needs a more rounded face.
This does have potential into becoming a Will Smith.
Well, if you need nitpicks on detailing, I'd be happy to help. Just shoot me a PM.
One little thing : the are around his nostrils are a little too dark and gives a sharp appearance. I've marked it in red. I don't mean inside the nostrils, but those little lines around it. I would suggest you to smoothen that and make it less dark, it would be better.

Cheers,
~Lava.

(And do PM me when the entire thing is done. I'd love to see a completed picture. :) )
Attachments
guesswho1z.jpg
guesswho1z.jpg (32.72 KiB) Viewed 160 times
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Mon May 31, 2010 4:02 pm
Phoenix57flame says...

Hello all!

Thank you for your replies it's great to see the responses :D

It wasn't Will Smith or Voldemort. It was Eddie Murphy, although I can see what Sarebear and Daydreams mean about the lips, they are too puffy! I don't think I quite managed to capture him but I'm going to try another :D I've been reading up on some tips for sculpting faces so hopefully the next one will be easier to guess!

Captain.classy - I think the 'old ages' of art are very important! Drawing and painting on paper are the foundations of 3D! Haha so don't think of yourself as stuck in the old ages, you are developing key skills desired in the new ages :D

Lava - Thanks for the tip on the nostrils! Yep Kitty's sis :)

Thank you all for your guesses!

Claire

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy