Definition of a Plot Bunny

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri May 14, 2010 12:55 am
View Likes
Gladius says...

[Begin Transmission]
Definition of a Plot Bunny

Plot Bunny (n.; plural, Plot Bunnies; see also Plot Bunny Army, PBA)—A creature similar in appearance to the killer rabbit of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, except with red eyes, unkept and dirty gray fur, and standing at about the same height as a beagle. They love to torment authors by sneaking about their stories and making things happen that the authors don't want to or shouldn't happen, and take great pride in many acts of mischief.

This includes but is not limited to the following: messing up or forming romances where there shouldn't be ones; making increasingly ridiculous creatures attack the heroes; or having the heroes do increasingly unrealistic things, including such feats as amazing rescues of cliche damsels-in-distress through tower windows on the back of equally-cliche creatures, including—but not limited to—gryphons/griffons, dragons, or pegasi.

A Plot Bunny's main diet consists of well-written plots/plot outlines pilfered from the binders and electronic folders of well-meaning, well-to-do, hard-working authors such as you and me—hence their name. An overabundance of these creatures (known as an Army) can easily be diagnosed by inferior writing, littering of cliches about a story, and overall degeneration into random happenings, pairings, rescues, triumphs, deaths, defeats, and overall displeasing, incoherent nonsense including a universal breakdown of the English (or other) language.

Authors should also beware the clandestine alliance of their muses with these vile creatures. Mass confusion and anarchy in one's mind and writing will ens--

[/end transmission]

----

Randomness galore! Just in case someone didn't know what a Plot Bunny was, or wanted to refresh their memory, or just wanted a different take on it. There is also supposed to be an image to go with this, but I haven't yet gotten it scanned, so this piece shall remain image-less until further notice. :P

Pretty self-explanatory, no? ^_^
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri May 14, 2010 1:08 am
View Likes
Earthfire713 says...

I love it! You should write a story about them! :smt001

884 Reviews

Reviews: 884
Fri May 14, 2010 5:47 am
StoryWeaver13 says...

Monty Python!!! :lol:

I agree with the other person who posted, you should write a short story about this. *sighh* Poor plot bunnies that feed on well-written plots, I think their food source is beginning to dwindle. Anyway, I thought this was pretty funny.
Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ~Lemony Snicket

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat May 15, 2010 11:22 pm
View Likes
*writewatiwant* says...

xD that made me laugh so hard. Shhh, this is not a review <.<
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:51 pm
matthewmazer says...

I saw this after looking on someon else's post and thought hilarious. The plot bunnies, for me, have definitely messed with me sometimes and usually ends with me giving up on a project. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

203 Reviews

Reviews: 203
Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:25 pm
ofir says...

This is so cute! I'm not actually writing a review right now, I'm just telling you it's perfect, funny, tasteful and awesome!!! :) Keep up the good work!!!
"if you were waiting for the opportune moment... that was it." - Captain Jack Sparrow

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 pm
matthewmazer says...

Just saying that I might publish a new series here soon. The ideas have been floating around in my head for forever and I'm combining all of my similiar failed attempts to make this (hopefully) amazing. I might call it the Cataclysm Chronicles: The Rebirthing. I only need some more points and I know its not the smartest of things to work on two books but I couldn't think about the ArchMage till I had written this one down. The Plot bunnies have helped me on this one :-).
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats