z

Young Writers Society

The Fantasy

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:27 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

Upon the creation of technology the land of Falite decided to rid of all magic, believing it to be too dangerous. Being as that magic is created by nature the goverment known as Falcon started to systematically destroy forests and replace it with machines. There is very little nature left, but what remains is indestructible as long as the nature spirits are alive, thus Falcon has decided to destroy all the nature spirits.

You live in a small preserve of nature known as Talim, this small village surrounds a temple where one of the nature spirits lives. The story starts when this temple and your town are attacked by Falcon

To make this even there will be one person to a class. If the number of participants surpasses this then the jobs again will be chosen one at a time.

I will allow all of you to choose first and I will take one of the remaining.

Classes

Gunner- Fights with guns and other man maid and grenades.

Animal- Creatures that do their own fighting. They have special abilities or use naturally given weapons such as fangs and claws.

Black Mage- A Black Mage has a wide variety of Offensive Elemental Magic spells. Has a staff to channel magic.
Warrior- A battle hardened individual with excellent knowledge of weapons. Fights with Swords and various other weapons

White Mage- White mages specialize in curative magic and also skilled at defense magic, such as creating shields and strengthening others. Have staffs to channel their magic.

Beastmaster- Beastmasters have the ability to make relationships with animals and use them in battle. This includes wolves, lions etc.

Ninja- Are quick weapon experts that are skilled in assignations, and stealth. They use various weapons including throwing stars, katana etc.

b]Ranger- [/b]Sharp eyed individuals that are skilled with long ranged weapons such as the bow.

Summoner- Can summon magical creatures to fight by their side.

Highlighted red indicates taken. (All classes are open again.)
Rules
No God like characters
Post at least twice a week
No Sex
Little to no cursing
No killing other characters without consent. This includes the non playable villains.
If you want to quit notify me in pm so I can dispose of your character within the contexts of the plot.
1 character for now per person
Use the DT
Have Fun

Profiles
Name
Class- Human, Mage etc
Appearance- Written and picture if possible.
Powers/skills/weapons
Personality/strengths/weakness
History
Other
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Wed May 12, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 14 times in total.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sat May 01, 2010 9:35 am
ArcticMonkey says...

I'll post my profile later, ok?
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

121 Reviews

Mon May 03, 2010 2:49 pm
PhoenixBishop says...

At the risk of sounding desperate. Please join.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 03, 2010 4:16 pm
kidashka says...

I will join in the next few days as a white mage :D
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."
Jack: "I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Mon May 03, 2010 4:22 pm
Theodorable says...

I think I will take a spot as a gunner.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Tue May 04, 2010 1:51 am
LovelessSummer says...

The ninja is mine!
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Tue May 04, 2010 1:57 am
Octave says...

Black mage is mine. Profile is on the way.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue May 04, 2010 3:01 am
ridersofdamar says...

Name: Castiel
Class- Ranger
Appearance- He's tall with brown hair. He has a light beard, the same dark color as his hair. He wears dark clothes and seems to have only one pair but he keeps them remarkably clean. He has ice blue eyes and a face that doesn't give much away.
Powers/skills/weapons- He is a competent sword fighter and can beat most, but where he really excels is with a bow. He can make almost any shot he takes from a large distance and can even make trick shots. He knows every trail though the woods and will gladly lead someone through it. He has a relationship with nature that isn't quite awe as respect. He knows the danger nature can cause, and it knows that he is just as dangerous in his own way. He carries a short bladed sword and a recurve bow.
Personality/strengths/weakness: He is generally stoic but when faced with a cause will fight for it. He spends most of his time in the woods and is unaccustomed to human contact. I'll see if I can add more later.
History: Grew up in the outskirts of the town. Spent a lot of time in the woods hunting for his family and as he grew up it seemed natural that he would call that his home more than any house.
Other:
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue May 04, 2010 2:22 pm
Theodorable says...

Name- Elphame
Age- 20
Gender- female
Class- Gunner
Appearance- She sort of looks like Yuna, but not the same outfit. Elphame wears almost the bare minimum, favouring a small top to cover her and a pair of shorts, along with a belt that can hold all of her equipment.
Spoiler! :

Powers/skills/weapons- She is very skilled with her guns. She started training when her parents noticed that she had very accurate aim. Her eyes focus and, she rarely misses her target.
Personality/strengths/weakness- Elphame isn’t a leader, but she’s not a follower either. She hates confrontations, and one rule that she had been raised with was that she cannot tell lies.
History- She grew up with her parents until they noticed her ability and then they sent her off to train. She came back to find them dead, having been destroyed by Falcon. She escaped, and fled to Talim, where she currently lives.
Other

*If there's anything I need to change, just tell me.*
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Tue May 04, 2010 8:31 pm
curiousvampire says...

Save a spot for the summoner, I'll add my profile ina few days 'kay. :mrgreen:
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

33 Reviews

Tue May 04, 2010 9:25 pm
kidashka says...

Name: Tala
Class: White Mage

Appearance: Sorry I'm too lazy to write a proper description... I would say an average height, medium build. Pics for all else.
Facially -
Spoiler! :

Clothing (though ignore woman) -
Spoiler! :
[Cause I felt like challenging the idea of a white mage >.<]

Powers/skills/weapons: "White mages specialize in curative magic and also skilled at defense magic, such as creating shields and strengthening others. Have staffs to channel their magic." She's better at the healing magic side of things, but can do the others to an extent. Likes to hit people with her staff when she's in a bad mood - she has quite a good aim with it.

Personality/strengths/weakness: Generally optimistic and cheerful, however can panic when in a dangerous situation. She's not very good at fighting except at thwacking people with her staff.

History: Erm. Travelled to Talim a few years ago in order to remain close to the nature spirits after her home village was destroyed.

Other: Up for love.
Last edited by kidashka on Wed May 05, 2010 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth: "There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing."

121 Reviews

Wed May 05, 2010 12:05 am
PhoenixBishop says...

So far so good. We will start on Thursday. This will allow others to join if they wish and for you to post your profiles.

Note most of the world looks like this and the trees in the picture are fake.
Spoiler! :

Your village will look like this, with a large temple.

Spoiler! :

One last thing. Kidashka they are not pagan. This is a fantasy world so there is no real religion. Please change that in your profile. I suppose it's my fault for not specifying.
Last edited by PhoenixBishop on Wed May 05, 2010 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Death~

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed May 05, 2010 1:10 am
Octave says...

Name: Quintian, but call him Q

Class: Black Mage

Appearance: Blond and blue-eyed. Tall, has aristocratic features. Often wears weird things, like pirate hats or clown shoes or a spiky dog collar. (Just because I feel like challenging the idea of a black mage too. :D)

Spoiler! :

Powers/skills/weapons:A Black Mage has a wide variety of Offensive Elemental Magic spells. Has a staff to channel magic. All elements in cluded. He uses a staff to channel magic but it's hard enough to kill a person if he whacks someone with enough force.

Spoiler! :

Personality

Strengths:Incredibly cheerful and optimistic no matter what the circumstance. His sunny attitude lasts even in battles. Is incredibly playful and likes to scare people, especially in the dark. Has a habit of twirling his staff like a baton. Occasionally hits people accidentally. Is good at climbing trees and enjoys sleeping in the branches thereof. Can use a sword but is a little rusty. Very quick.

Weaknesses: Very listless and will often wander off to look for trouble. Little loyalty and has no ethics or code of honor to bind himself by. Absolutely sucks at all sorts of hand-to-hand combat. Tends to wander away even during battles. A little inattentive, so he's easily hit.

History: Born to nobles, but he enjoyed wandering around so he left his city. He apprenticed under one of the best black mages around because of his father's connections. When his parents died he came to a large amount of money and an estate in the city's capital. He doesn't use the estate and instead chooses to wander around like a nomad, only returning to the estate during his parents' death anniversaries and new year's. He has settled in Talim because he finds the temple there interesting.

He's had a rough history with Falcon as he owns lots of good land and refuses to sell it to them so they could develop it. They have tried to kill him twice but, obviously, both attempts failed, though they failed by mere chance.

The first time the assassin shot just as Q bent down to pick up a coin he found on the ground. The arrow whizzing by alerted Q and the assassin was fried to a crisp. The second time Q left the inn an hour early so when the bomb detonated he was outside. Falcon has more or less nicknamed him a lucky bastard and has stopped attempting to kill him after he struck a base with lightning. They've declared an uneasy truce.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

33 Reviews

Wed May 05, 2010 5:26 am
kidashka says...

Sorry, I got confused with the temple. Edited now!

Reviews: 2
Wed May 05, 2010 5:44 am
AdventureMonkey says...

Save a spot for an Animal, please! Halfway finished with my profile, should be able to post it before Thursday. I'm really new here, but I'll be trying my very best!
There are many kinds of study. Those whose studies are of the real and rare kind get the habit. They can't throw it off. It is too good and they go on studying the rest of their lives.
- Robert Henri

You are going to love some of your characters because they are you, or some facet of you, and you are going to hate some characters for the same reason.
— Anne Lamott