z

Young Writers Society

Only Hope

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:34 am
Yuriiko says...

Only hope

I have to say it now… I won’t wait for another day.

“Alex...” I called out his name softly, almost a whisper. It was the start of the second semester of the school, laughter and chatters filled the hallway. The sun was glowing like a fireball in the sky, giving its warm reflection through the tinted jealousies in the cold atmosphere. I was walking towards him, almost running. I looked at him as he went through the crowd until he stopped in front of his locker.

Yes. Gotcha.

“Alex?” I called out his name again and grasped his firm shoulder. I was tired of finding and following him around the hallway. He turned to look at me and there I saw the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen. His green eyes that sparkled with his pearl-white teeth made my cheeks flushed pink.

“Whatssup, Chloe?” He asked with a grin on his face. He then went closer to me. His after-shave smell and his perfume tickled and twitched my nose. He bent down and kissed lightly my forehead.

“um… Alex, we need to talk.” I said with a serious voice.

“About what?”

“Not here. It’s kind of urgent.” I have to tell him but not here in this hallway, obviously.

“Why? You want to break up with me?” He said with a chuckle then his face appeared to be worried.

“No, silly, that’s not it. I just need to talk to you in private. Alone. Get it?” I folded my arms then held his hand to pull him out of the crowded hallway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We sat down on a wooden bench in our school’s garden. Different flowers showing different colors made the garden looked attractive. It was so quiet that we could even hear each other’s breathing. As the wind blew, fallen leaves started to move a little. The rustling of leaves and the chirping of the birds broke the silence.

“What do you want to talk about, Chloe?” Alex placed his arm around my shoulder.

“Alex…” I didn’t know it was lot harder than I’ve expected. My hands and feet started to sweat, making me nervous even more.

“Are you, okay?” He looked at me sincerely.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. The thing is that… I-I want to tell something… something…” I breathed hardly and I felt droplets of sweat rolling down on my cheeks and neck.
“You’re making me nervous than you are, Chloe. We only have a few minutes left before the lunch bell rang.” He said with a laugh.

C’mon, just say it.

My sweaty hands gripped on my lap. I held out a handkerchief from my pocket. I cannot do this. It was a lot harder than I thought. I just have to simply blurt it out.

“Alex… I’m pregnant.” I looked down, embarrassed.

What would be his reaction? Would he accept it or not?
Those words ran in my mind that I felt dizzy. I felt my hands cold and sweatier. I didn’t have the confident to look at him. I know he would look like he was in a trance. He would be disappointed but I hope not. I was carrying his child now.

Then a laugh appeared.

“Let’s get married, then!” He gazed at me like he was very happy. Well, he looked cheerful.

“But we’re still minors!”

“With parent consent, we will! I’m so happy now! I’ll be a father!” He stood up and danced funnily and I couldn’t help but laugh. He was so happy, well, that is based from his gorgeous face, and I think he was. I stood up and he directly gave me a warm hug.

“I’m so happy. How I wish that would be true enough! You wanted to become a mother now? That’s funny. Anyway, bye for now, sweetie. I have to go.” Then the school bell rang as if to tell us to go in our respective classes. He swiftly loosened his hug and gave his goodbye kiss lightly against my lips.

"How I wish that would be true enough! You wanted to become a mother right now? That’s funny. Anyway, bye for now, sweetie…"

What the--?

I don’t get him. I was real pregnant. He thought I was just making a joke out of it?! I can’t believe it. And I thought he was ready to accept it… but how--?

He didn’t know anything about it, except that it was just a stupid joke of mine. How dare he? I have to tell him straight that I wasn’t trying to crack a joke about me getting pregnant. I have to tell him the real truth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already dismissal time. I directly went to Alex’s locker. I knew he would be always there. The sun was starting to set down. The hallway was filled up again with noises and shouts. As I look at through the crowd, finding a sight of Alex, I felt vomiting. It was a total surreal blur. I felt dizzy. I closed my eyes and opened it again to fight-off the dizziness in head.

“Hey, Chloe! I’m hungry; let’s go to our favorite snack bar.” He said all of a sudden then started to pull me out of the crowd, before I could say anything.

When we were out of the campus, I knew then it was the right time to tell him.

“Alex.” He stopped walking then turned his tanned body towards me.

“Alex, I want to--“before I could finish of my sentence, Jake, Alex’s best friend, wearing his basketball jersey, appeared out of nowhere.

Great.

“Hey, Alex. I want to remind you of our basketball practice this 5:30 p.m. Coach said we have to make no absence of it since the game is fast approaching.” He informed Alex then turned towards me and smiled. I forced a smile back.

“Yeah, I know. Thanks for that. Two more weeks and we’ll be able to kick those “Lions” off of their loser asses.” Alex gave out his laugh.

“Yeah…See yah later, man.” Then Jake left us.

“That means, I only have an hour to be with you today.” He sighed then wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I felt his warmth against mine. I was lucky to call he’s mine but I don’t know about that today…

Yeah, that means I’ll also have an hour to talk to you about this child I'm carrying...

As we went to the small restaurant, cold air filled our lungs which made us even hungrier. There were only a few people around. We sat down to our usual place, beside those clear windows because that’s how we met. Also, we ordered our usual meal, cheeseburger for him and white spaghetti for me.

While we waited for the order, I looked at him, with his hands holding mine. I knew then, I have to say it to him. This time, he would know and notice that this wasn’t a joke to laugh about.

“Alex…”

“What, Chloe?” his gripped on my hands became tighter.

“I’m really pregnant.”

“Chloe…”, he paused then scratched his head, “Actually, I’m not in time for jokes now. Okay, during that lunch time, I was surprised and it took it as a crazy joke---“I interrupted him.

“So do I. This is not a joke, Alex. I am carrying your child.” I said with a soft voice, not wanting to let the others hear us. He loosened his hands from mine and placed his hands on his lap and looked down.

“Alex, please believe me.” I felt my eyes became teary, and then a tear rolled down on my red cheeks.

There was no response.

“We didn’t do it, you know…” he declined with a nervous laugh. I saw that he was sweating and his eyes wandered throughout the place, didn’t even dare to look at me.

“We did it, Alex. Why are you lying? Remember, during our semester break… in your house?” I asked him and tears continuously fell down and I could feel the flow of blood in my cheeks.

“We didn’t.” he hesitated.

“Did too, Alex.” I was feeling hopeless.

“A-Are you sure? Have you even tried testing it?” he asked with a shaky voice.

“Thrice, Alex. It was positive.” I tried to be calm as possible and talk to him quietly .I felt weak and tired. He didn’t accept it. He didn’t want our child. I felt the guilt all over my mind.

It took him few minutes to break the silence between us.

“Chloe…um… I n-need to go for our b-basketball practice.”He uttered faintly, and then ran off from the restaurant.

“Alex!” I called him but it was too late. I looked at him running like a jerk. I was too foolish to believe him. I shouldn’t have trusted him as well I didn’t trust myself. I saw his presence going invisible and smaller until it wasn’t in sight anymore.

I was hopeless.

How could I resolve this problem? How will my parents react and how about Alex? He was my only hope.

To be continued…

hey, guys! Thank you for reading this. I'm hoping that you like it and waiting for your feedbacks, comments, reviews, etc.
Also if this story is destined to have another chapter??

Thank you! :D
Last edited by Yuriiko on Sun May 02, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:56 am
Nikko says...

I love it. ^_^
"The means dictates the end" - Denam Morne

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:32 pm
curiousvampire says...

First off your avatar is awesome, second I loved it and third think it's definitely destined for another chapter. Sad really that he thought it was joke before and now he's denying her. Please PM when you add more if you don't mind!Thanks for the read. It was great. :)
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Sat May 01, 2010 10:25 am
Sins says...

Heya yuriiko!
Here to review as requested. 8)

Red = Things I don't like :(
Blue = Things I like :)
Bold = My suggestions/comments

Only hope

I have to say it now… I won’t wait for another day. I liked this as an opening line.

“Alex...” I called out his name softly, almost a whisper. It was the start of the second semester of the school, laughter and chatters filled the hallway. The sun was glowing like a fireball in the sky, giving its warm reflection through the tinted jealousies in the cold atmosphere. I loved this description! I was walking towards him, almost running. I looked at him as he went through the crowd until he stopped in front of his locker.

Yes. Gotcha.

“Alex?” I called out his name again and grasped his firm shoulder. I was tired of finding and following him around the hallway. He turned to look at me and there I saw the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen. His green eyes that sparkled with his pearl-white teeth made my cheeks flushed pink.

“Whatssup, Chloe?” He asked with a grin on his face. He then went closer to me. His after-shave smell The smell of his aftershave and his perfume tickled and twitched my nose. He bent down and kissed lightly my forehead.

“um… Alex, we need to talk.” I said with a serious voice.

“About what?”

“Not here. It’s kind of urgent.” I have to tell him but not here in this hallway, obviously.

“Why? You want to break up with me?” He said with a chuckle then his face appeared to be worried.

“No, silly, that’s not it. I just need to talk to you in private. Alone. Get it?” I folded my arms then held his hand to pull him out of the crowded hallway.

We sat down on a wooden bench in our school’s garden. Different flowers showing different colors made the garden looked attractive. It was so quiet that we could even hear each other’s breathing. As the wind blew, fallen leaves started to move a little. The rustling of leaves and the chirping of the birds broke the silence.

“What do you want to talk about, Chloe?” Alex placed his arm around my shoulder.

“Alex…” I didn’t know it was lot harder than I’ve expected. My hands and feet started to sweat, making me even more nervous even more.

“Are you, okay?” He looked at me sincerely.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry. The thing is that… I-I want to tell something… something…” I breathed hardly and I felt droplets of sweat rolling down on my cheeks and neck.

“You’re making me more nervous than you are, Chloe. We only have a few minutes left before the lunch bell rang.” He said with a laugh.

C’mon, just say it.

My sweaty hands gripped on my lap. I held out a handkerchief from my pocket. I cannot do this. It was a lot harder than I thought. I just have to simply blurt it out.

“Alex… I’m pregnant.” I looked down, embarrassed. I knew it! :smt005

What would be his reaction? Would he accept it or not?

Those words ran in my mind that I felt dizzy. I felt my hands cold and sweatier. I didn’t have the confidence to look at him. I know he would look like he was in a trance. He would be disappointed but I hoped not. I was carrying his child now.

Then a laugh appeared.

“Let’s get married, then!” He gazed at me like he was very happy. Well, he looked cheerful.

“But we’re still minors!”

“With parent consent, we will! I’m so happy now! I’ll be a father!” He stood up and danced funnily and I couldn’t help but laugh. He was so happy, well, that is based from his gorgeous face, and I think he was. I stood up and he directly gave me a warm hug.

“I’m so happy. How I wish that would be true enough! You wanted to become a mother now? That’s funny. Anyway, bye for now, sweetie. I have to go.” Then the school bell rang as if to tell us to go in our respective classes. He swiftly loosened his hug and gave his goodbye kiss lightly against my lips.

"How I wish that would be true enough! You wanted to become a mother right now? That’s funny. Anyway, bye for now, sweetie…"

What the--?

I don’t get didn't understand him. I was really pregnant. He thought I was just making a joke out of it?! I can’tcouldn't believe it. And I thought he was ready to accept it… but how--?

He didn’t know anything about it, except that it was just a stupid joke of mine. How dare he? I have to tell him straight that I wasn’t trying to crack a joke about me getting pregnant. I have to tell him the real truth. You change tenses in the lat few paragraphs a bit!

It was already dismissal time. I directly went to Alex’s locker. I knew he would be always there. The sun was starting to set down. The hallway was filled up again with noises and shouts. As I look at through the crowd, finding a sight of Alex, I felt like vomiting. It was a total surreal blur. I felt dizzy. I closed my eyes and opened it again to fight-off the dizziness in head.

“Hey, Chloe! I’m hungry; let’s go to our favorite snack bar.” He said all of a sudden then started to pull me out of the crowd, before I could say anything.

When we were out of the campus, I knew then it was the right time to tell him.

“Alex.” He stopped walking then turned his tanned body towards me.

“Alex, I want to--“before I could finish of my sentence, Jake, Alex’s best friend, wearing his basketball jersey, appeared out of nowhere.

Great.

“Hey, Alex. I want to remind you of our basketball practice this evening at 5:30 p.m. Coach said we have to make no absence of it since the game is fast approaching.” He informed Alex then turned towards me and smiled. I forced a smile back.

“Yeah, I know. Thanks for that. Two more weeks and we’ll be able to kick those “Lions” off of their loser asses.” Alex gave out his laugh.

“Yeah…See yah later, man.” Then Jake left us.

“That means, I only have an hour to be with you today.” He sighed then wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I felt his warmth against mine. I was lucky to call he’s mine but I don’t know about that today… This should be ~ I was lucky to call him mine but I didn't know about to today.

Yeah, that means I’ll also have an hour to talk to you about this child I'm carrying...

As we went to the small restaurant, cold air filled our lungs which made us even hungrier. There were only a few people around. We sat down to at our usual place, beside those clear windows because that’s how we met. Also, we ordered our usual meal, cheeseburger for him and white spaghetti for me.

While we waited for the order, I looked at him, with his hands holding mine. I knew then, I have to say it to him. had to tell him.This time, he would know and notice that this wasn’t a joke to laugh about.

“Alex…”

“What, Chloe?” his gripped on my hands became tighter.

“I’m really pregnant.”

“Chloe…”, he paused then scratched his head, “Actually, I’m not in time for jokes now. Okay, during that lunch time, I was surprised and it took it as a crazy joke---“I interrupted him.

“So do I. This is not a joke, Alex. I am carrying your child.” I said with a soft voice, not wanting to let the others hear us. He loosened his hands from mine and placed his hands on his lap and looked down.

“Alex, please believe me.” I felt my eyes became teary, and then a tear rolled down on my red cheeks.

There was no response.

“We didn’t do it, you know…” he declined with a nervous laugh. I saw that he was sweating and his eyes wandered throughout the place, didn’t even dare to look at me.

“We did it, Alex. Why are you lying? Remember, during our semester break… in your house?” I asked him and tears continuously fell down and I could the flow of blood in my cheeks.

“We didn’t.” he hesitated.

“Did too, Alex.” I was feeling hopeless.

“A-Are you sure? Have you even tried testing it?” he asked with a shaky voice.

“Thrice, Alex. It was positive.” I tried to be calm as possible and talk to him quietly .I felt weak and tired. He didn’t accept it. He didn’t want our child. I felt the guilt all over my mind. Awww... :(

It took him a few minutes to break the silence between us.

“Chloe…um… I n-need to go for our b-basketball practice.”He uttered faintly, and then ran off from the restaurant.

“Alex!” I called him but it was too late. I looked at him running like a jerk. I was too foolish to believe him. I shouldn’t have trusted him as well I didn’t trust myself. These sentences kind of confused me. Try rephrasing them or writing them in a different way. I saw his presence going invisible and smaller until it wasn’t in sight anymore.

I was hopeless.

How could I resolve this problem? How will my parents react and how about Alex? He was my only hope.

To be continued… Dom... dom... dom!

Overall

I have to admit, I really liked this! It's my kind of story; realistic fiction. I very much like your characters and I also like the way you have described some things. For example, when you described the sun at the beginning of the story.

My main nit-pick is the flow of your story. You tend to phrase things a bit awkwardly, which is understandable though; English isn't your first language, is it? I don't think so anyway! I've pointed out most of the areas where you phrase things a bit awkwardly. I've given some suggestions for most of them as well. Try taking a look at what I've suggested and go from there!

Other than that, there isn't really any other negative thing that I have to say. The story itself was really good, rather cliche, but you wrote it very well! Your characters were realistic and I especially loved the way your portrayed Alex; he was definitely believable. I also really liked the discussion the second time Chloe told Alex that she was pregnant, I felt sorry for her! Well done. :)

Overall, I was definitely glad that I read this! Your spelling was perfect and your grammar was pretty much perfect too. Sort out some of your phrasing and you will have a very good piece of work here. As for your question; I definitely think that you should continue this! I would be interested in it.

If you want another review, just ask me in my WRFF thread.

Keep writing,

xoxo Skins
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat May 01, 2010 11:35 pm
ScarletteRose says...

Hey Yuri!

I believe that Skins pretty much covered all grammatical/ sentence structure issues, so I won't bother with that. Instead, I'll focus on the fun stuff!

I love the "manga" feel of this piece. Your characters are realistic and your descriptions are beautiful.

“Alex… I’m pregnant.” I looked down, embarrassed

This actually surprised me. It was a nice climax.

Alex's reaction surprised me at first until I realized he was "playing along". The fact that he was in denial is a nice touch. One thing you might want to do is make it more clear that he thinks she's joking.

Overall, it's cute and I really like it.

Write On!
Lette
Everyone's favorite life coach.
♪♥♫◦°°◦Lette◦°°◦♫♥♪

My blog: http://empressofsnark.blogspot.com/

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun May 02, 2010 1:06 pm
vox nihili says...

Very good! This is truly an engrossing piece. The de

scription of trying to get his attention through the rush at lockers is so realistic.

I must say this is really good. ;)

Detail nit-pick: where did they find the time to sit in the garden at their school during the schoolday? xD

[/quote]
I asked him and tears continuously fell down and I could feel the flow of blood in my cheeks.

Or:

Then the school bell rang as if to tell us to go in our respective classes. He swiftly loosened his hug and gave his goodbye kiss lightly against my lips.
[quote/]
Also, you appear to have a slight difficulty regarding -ly adverbs.

I'm not absolutely certain that it's gramatically incorrect in the way you make use of them, but, at least to me, it has a much smoother tone if you use an adverb following an action verb....like....

He lightly kissed me....
Versus...
He kissed me lightly....

Anyways, that's just a tiny nitpick.

I'm really into this story!

Pleeeaaaaase, write more, I beg of thee!

;)

Cheers!

-Voxina

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Mon May 03, 2010 2:20 am
Esther Sylvester says...

Hi there! I am sorry for taking so long to review; I have been busy.

FIRST OFF:

Wow, I wish I had read this sooner. It was really good and I want to know what happens next. The plot wasn't the most original I have read, but you pulled it off greatly and that is the sign of a good writer. There are some sentences that are lovely, and some that aren't, though. I am not going to nitpick your grammar. That isn't what i do. I instead focus on characters and plot design. Here I go...

PLOT:

Okay, okay. This was good. Seriously, the plot was solid. As flow goes, this was good too. You didn't go too fast or too slow and you had a good dose of drama packed in. A tidbit of advice would be not to fall into the same basic "teen pregnancy" stories that there are so many of. Twist it up. Make us want to read more. Give us something unexpected, yet not melodramatic. The extra effort you put in will be rewarded, I assure you.

CHARACTERS:

Pretty good here. You don't make the MC come off as a whiner, so hurrah. Nobody likes a whiner, btw. It's just something readers don't like. Your Main Male shares the same names as my Main Male in my romance novel! (Alex) However, Alex doesn't portray as realistically as I would like. One would think a BF that loves his girl as you seem to show would believe that his GF is
Spoiler! :
pregnant
the first time she tells him. When he actually takes it seriously, his reaction is believable, but I think it would be in his character to believe his GF the first time she tells him, you know? This could be a random nitpick, but think about it a little.

OVERALL:

Excellent. All I can say is that you should post more and that I hoped I helped you at all.

Esther
It's writing prompt week on my blog a very random pickle!:
http://veryrandompickle.blogspot.com/

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue May 04, 2010 2:29 am
NinjaCookieMonster says...

HOLY COW.

If you don't continue this, I will hunt you down. I am so intrigued it's not even funny. Seriously.

Do not discontinue this. I will not be pleased. I don't feel like nitpicking, but I will say that some of your sentences confused me a little; try reworking them.

I am not kidding about my first line. Or the second.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Tue May 04, 2010 5:51 am
Yuriiko says...

You scar me a lot, Ninja. XD

Don't worry, I'll continue this as soon as I'm inspired enough. XD
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed May 05, 2010 7:49 am
Maddy says...

Hey Yuri, here as you requested.

Nitpicks:
“um… Alex, we need to talk,” I said with a serious voice.

“You’re making me nervous than you are, Chloe. We only have a few minutes left before the lunch bell rang,” he said with a laugh.

Okay, this grammatical error seems to be recurring a lot. I'm not good at explaining the rule, so I'll just link you to this forum: topic44898.html

Apart from that, I didn't see any other major issues with your writing.

Characters:
I don't have a problem with your MC, which is good. Her reactions are believable and expected and you've captured her feelings well. I think Alex is okay too, but I'm afraid if he is going to be nervous about
Spoiler! :
her being pregnant
, then maybe he isn't
Spoiler! :
that much in love with her.
Hopefully you see what I am saying there. :)

Plot:
I did not see that coming. Fantastic! Nothing much to comment here except that I hope you keep going with this.

Overall:
Great! Just watch your dialogue and punctuation, and everything will be fine.

-Maddy
-If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!
-"Careful with that light at the end of the tunnel, it might be another train coming."

This awesome post bought to you by me. :)

Reviews: 4
Wed May 26, 2010 5:27 am
Skeen says...

Well, you suggested that I review other works of I want my own works to be reviewed in turn, so I guess I might as well start with you :)

Although I can't pick out bad grammar for my life, I can tell you that the story was very well written in my opinion. The characters and how hey responded to everything seemed very believable. Just reading it made me a little nervouse of landing in a situation like that... Gives me butterflies in my stomach. if I'm ever faced with with a situation that could lead to somthing like this, i'll just think of your story to scare the he'll out of me before I do something stupid :P

Great job!
Wantid in 51 stiats bi teh gramer polece.

144 Reviews

Reviews: 144
Sat May 29, 2010 2:12 pm
GoldenQuill says...

Hi there. :} Aushy here for a review.

Many of the grammatical errors the others pointed out, so I'll just get right down to the real, hardcover, review. Your description is beautiful when you use it--but you don't use it often enough. You describe how a couple of things look here and there, but it's not so consistent, which makes when we see the description us to pretty much freak out over it. Also, it gets shadowed and weighed down by your grammar.

My suggestion: that you work on making your description consistent and your grammar great, because it can be an amazing work, but if the grammar is awful, it brings the quality down.

However, this was a good piece, it was very dramatic and lovely. Just work on your grammar and description, and you're good to go. :}

If you ever need a review again, either PM me or come to my tropical shack by clicking reviews.

Love & Blessings,
Aushy
formerly ZlyWilk

Finally achieving my dreams. Dive into a unique horror story.

167 Reviews

Reviews: 167
Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:59 am
confetti says...

I know this is an older story, but I felt like reviewing it anyways, so I hope it helps!

It was the start of the second semester ofthe school, and laughter and chatters filled the hallway.

The sun was glowing like a fireball in the sky, giving its warm reflection through the tinted jealousies in the cold atmosphere.

Hm... she's in a hallway, so I'm not sure how she knows the sun is like this. Seems like a bit of a pointless sentence.
"Whatssup, Chloe?” he asked with a grin on his face.

He then went moved closer to me. His after-shave smell and his perfume mixed with his cologne tickledand twitched my nose.

Um… Alex, we need to talk,” I said with a serious voice.

The 'um...' makes it sound less serious. I would suggest removing it, since she is using a serious tone.

up with me?” he said with a chuckle then his face appeared to be worried

I would suggest showing us that he's worried, rather than telling us.
Different flowers showing different colors This is awkward - I would suggest saying something along the lines of 'A variety of colours' made the garden looked attractive.

it was would be lot harder than I’ve I'd expected.

I breathed hardly and I felt droplets of sweat rolling down on my cheeks and neck.

“You’re making me more nervous than you are, Chloe. We only have a few minutes left before the lunch bell rang.” he said with a laugh.

My sweaty hands gripped onto my lap.

I felt my hands turn colder and sweatier.

I didn’t have the confident confidence

I know knew he would look like he was in a trance. He would be disappointed, but I hoped not. I was carrying his child now.

“Let’s get married, then!” He gazed at me like he was very happy.Well, he looked cheerful. You do not need to say it twice, the first time was enough to tell the reader that he's happy.

I was really pregnant.

I have to tell him the real truth.

The sun was starting to set down.

Again with the description of the sun while she's in the hallway. Does it not have a roof? Does it have giant windows? You haven't mentioned these, so I'm going to assume that she cannot see the sun, therefore, she cannot describe it.
As I looked at through the crowd, finding a sight of Alex, I felt vomiting.

The part in bold is worded extremely awkwardly.
it them again to fight-off the dizziness in head.

You have two eyes.
“Hey, Chloe! I’m hungry, let’s go to our favorite snack bar," he said all of a sudden, then started to pull me out of the crowd, (no comma) before I could say anything.

Also, I feel like he would say the name of their favourite snack bar. People don't say 'Hey! Let's go to that grocery store we love!" They say, "Hey! Let's go to Safeway." Do you catch my drift?
“Alex.” He stopped walking then and turned his tanned body towards me.

“Alex, I want to--“ (space) before I

“Hey, Alex. I want to remind you of our basketball practice this at 5:30 p.m.

No need to say p.m.
approaching,he informed Alex then turned towards me and smiled. I forced a smile back.

to call he’s mine but I don’t know about that today…

I'm not sure if you meant 'his' as in his child, or 'him' as in he, himself.
As we went to the small restaurant, cold air filled our lungs which made us even hungrier.

Interesting, I didn't realize the cold made people hungry? This is such an odd thing to say.
“What, Chloe?” His gripped on my hands became tighter.

I am carrying your child,” I said with a soft voice

“We didn’t.” He hesitated.

to him quietly(remove space) . (space here) I felt weak

practice.” (space!) He uttered faintly,

I would remove this line. It sounds like it came straight from a cheesy soap opera. End with the previous line, it's much stronger.

Alright, overall, this story wasn't amazing. The plot was simple, and the writing was a tad weak. I know this is an older work of yours, and I haven't read any of your newer works, but this one definitely needs improvement.
If you can be bothered, go through it once more, it could make a huge difference. If not, oh well, it was fun to review. Hope this helped! Cheers.
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
— Dr. Seuss

Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato