z

Young Writers Society

BAM! (FUNNY SB!)

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:55 pm
BenFranks says...

DT: topic59796.html

This is a storybook for all you comedians out there! Yep! I'm on about you! What? Yes of course you, huh? Aw, you joker you!

Anyway, this basically means everyone can participate because everyone in the world has a sense of humour, no? In a way this could be adpated as a smidgen of fan-fiction but that's highly debatable and probably a little irrelevant.

The plot!
This is a story about a group of people coming up to their middle age and they all work at an advertising company. However, one Summer June (Because rain's a little, y'know, depressing) they all decide that they're going to go into the movie business. Here, they meet this director called Alfie Al'a Pino (Lol, I laughed too!). Alfie Al'a Pino gives them all jobs as actors, except what they don't realise when they're chucked onto an island to film a "James Bond Parody" that the situation they're in is actually real!

Anybody can use the following characters in their posts:
Alfie Al'a Pino (Director) ~ who only ever appears via telephone
Mister Evil-persono (The big baddy!) ~ who we don't see very often and somehow always escapes!

The cameras filming their unfortunate events are hidden and the group are convinced it's all and act. They never come out of character! Until like... really later on :)

So, here's what'cha post if you're interested - which I know you so clearly are!

Name:

Person you're acting as: (Doesn't actually have to be a Bond character - make it up! (But you're the good guys, okay? :D)

Personality (Acting & normal, obviously it'll be much the same since they're amateurs):

Appearance: (Pic or description, whatever flows your boat)

Up for love: (SImple Yes or no answer will suffice but feel free to post your life stories)

A bit of History: (Not amazingly important)

Likes/Dislikes: (So we get an idea of how irratating your character has the potential to be!)

Favourite film: (Your character's, not your own; unless you want to post your own in which case I'll probably laugh, but hey :) )

Happiest when: (Well, why not, eh?)

Other:

---------------------------

Rules:
-Be nice
-Keep it family friendly
-Keep it funny
-No God mode, etc.
-Don't kill off other people's characters unless they've mega annoyed you and you feel truly compelled to hunt them down and murder them. In which case, PM me in advance and we'll confer!
-Obey all other YWS rules!

---------------------------

This is where I find out few are intrigued :)
Last edited by BenFranks on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

411 Reviews

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:05 pm
BenFranks says...

Name: John Barry (From the Cillit Bang advert! XD)

Person you're acting as: James Bond 007, naturally.

Personality (Acting & normal, obviously it'll be much the same since they're amateurs): He's a bit of a charmer, hence picked for the Bond role, but as all parodies go he's a really stupid person! :D He's one of those slapstick people! But he's really loving and caring so everyone adores him :) His personality breaks down when he's faced with danger, under which circumstances erm, he panicks!

Appearance: Image

Up for love: Yeah, 'course he is! He's James!

A bit of History: Grew up wanting to be an actor and have a tuxedo for every day of the year. Dissapointed to find out he failed in all sectors of life and ended up in advertising. Bit of a bummer really.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes Women, Wine, acting, Charming situations. Dislikes: Big animals, danger, drunk people and being embarrased.

Favourite film: He says it's "A Bridge Too Far" but really it's "Marley & Me"

Happiest when: He's in his "zone" :)

Other: Nothing really to add, except he'll try and lead people but probably fail doing so!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:00 pm
Rydia says...

Hmmm why not. I'll sign up.

Name: Jessie Lewis.
Character: Lucy Siren, a new bond girl.
Personality: Fiery and seductive, Jessie is a woman to watch but she's also lacking a few brain cells. Jessie may know how to dress well and look pretty, she was even superb at dealing with the fashion adverts. However, that's about all she can handle. Jessie will be the last to realise that this film's for real and all along the way she'll be getting into trouble from playing with the guns to aggravating the bad guys. On the other hand, she's too stupid to be afraid so perhaps that will work in their favour.
Appearance: Not the usual blonde but rather a red head with dark amber eyes.

Up for love: Yes
History: Jessie has had a pretty easy life. She's pretty so there have always been men there to do the hard work for her. She's care-free and easy going, likes to party, has an awesome laugh. Those sort of skills get her places and she very rarely has to buy her own drinks.
Likes/Dislikes: Love, drama and action are on her likes list. She likes the high life and being adored. She likes attention. What she doesn't like is seeing other women stalk off with her men and she doesn't like big words. She thinks they're stupid. What's the point in using big words when there are small words she can actually understand? Oh and she likes being clean and fashionable.
Favourite film: Something soppy and girly, she probably doesn't have a favourite but you can bet she's watched the chick flicks a lot.
Happiest when: Being admired.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:47 pm
irishfire says...

I'll join! :D

Name: Cannia Brooke
Personality: Bright and peppy as well as witty and cleverrr
Person you're acting as: Sidekick!
Appearence: http://www.mynewhair.info/wp-content/up ... ose-02.jpg
Up for love: Of course!
Bit of history: Uhhh, xD I can't think of anything. Well shes wanted to act all her life and she loves doing it. *is lame*

Likes: The color black and working hard for what she wants. (Although if it comes easy she won't argue xD)

Dislikes: Stuck up people who get everything they want without lifting a finger.

Favortie film: Stardust

Happiest when: She's acting.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Name: Jessi Blane

Person you're acting as: Jimmy, Lord of the Cracked Cornless (Jim crack corn and I don't care xD) She basically going to run around doing whatever she darn well pleases, wrecking havok in whatever method she may.

Personality: Jessi is a little off her rocker, though it works for hilarious adverts as long as she works with a few people a bit...calmer than her. She is an artistic genius, though. As an actor she is witty and odd, around for comic relief.

Appearance: Shoulder length blue hair that she cuts herself, so its very choppy. She is average in height and weight. Usually, she wears bright colors and random patterns. No matter how crazy her style gets, it somehow always looks decent.

Up for love: Nah

A bit of History: Eh, Jessi was an odd child, an odd teenager, and an odd adult.

Likes/Dislikes: Likes - sun, color, noise, running. Dislikes - water, rain, silence, sitting still, being considered 'normal'

Favourite film: Jessi doesn't like to pick favorites

Happiest when: she's allowed to fully express herself

Other: As you can see, Jessi is just going to pop in whenever I feel like it to cause all sorts of fun. Just because this storybook is comedic and I think it would be funny. Oh, also, Jessi isn't technically supposed to be on the set. She was hired as a writer for the script but decided she wanted to act so she is...technically without permision. xD
Last edited by Lauren2010 on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:38 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Name: Oliver Bane will be my charters name. :P Will make details later. :wink:

Personality: Serious, is rarely humorous.

Person you're acting as: Loner

Appearence: Has short dark almost black brown hair, a growing beard and mustache, muscular physique from vigorous workouts and martial arts training.

Up for love: He doesn't care.

Bit of history: Was a member of a Special Forces group, but is now retired from them. He is still highly educated in their deadly hand to hand tactics.

Likes: Pizza, has a weak spot for heavily processed sweets, video games, the color/colour blue. :wink:

Dislikes: Bad guys, not getting his way, being told what to do in a rude manner, being ignored, basically anything that annoys him.

Favortie film: Toy Story

Happiest when: He's shooting something.
Last edited by AspiringAuthorA..M. on Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:06 am
ScarlettFire says...

Name: Sonja Jones.

Person you're acting as: Ms. Natasha Draven. (not entirely sure who she is yet...)

Personality : Fun loving, kind and blunt. Has a nasty temper and can lose it midshot. :xd: But doesn't lose her temper often.

Appearance: Obviously she looks older than this but yeah, general idea...

Up for love: Yes. (Even though her ex boyfriend cheated on her).

A bit of History: Is the daughter of a rather boring Mr. Jones. Yes, the laywer. That's the one!

Likes/Dislikes: Dislikes anything pink, anything that has feathers and people who talk over her or stare at her. Likes anythign dark, anything that has fur, claws and is too big to hold, and people who don't stare at her.

Favourite film: Alice In Wonderlad. :lol: No, not the new one. The old, animated one. :D

Happiest when: She's alone with her cat and when she listens to Evanescence.

Other: Seems to be one of the younger cast members...
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:39 am
Lydia1995 says...

Name: Chrissie Black

Person you're acting as: Ilona Breeze (pronounced Il-o-na) another new Bond Girl, the producers fancied a little rivalry

Personality: She has a sweet personality which makes her appear younger than she is, she is a right flirt which is why she was cast for a Bond Girl. She loves acting and becomes a little starstruck when she is in John Barry's presence because he has been on T.V before!

Up for love: Yes

A bit of History: She has always loved actors and acting. She loves singing and this is the moment of her dreams, she will be one of the last to break her character because she loves acting so much. (This doesn't mean she is any good at it.)

Likes/Dislikes: Likes: Men, Makeup, Singing, Acting, Celebrities, Mysteries
Dislikes: Spiders, Insects, Competition (when it comes to men.)

Favourite film: She tells everyone that it's Slumdog Millionaire but really her favourite film is Daddy Day Care because she made a cameo appearance as a mother in it.

Happiest when: There are men around :smt002

Other: Up for friendship.
She hates women competition and can get quite bitchy so watch out.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

Random avatar

Reviews: 18
Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:28 pm
MinisterOfHighHopes says...

Name: John Barlow

Acting as: Agent 008 "Bill"-In the novel Goldfinger, Bond thinks to himself that 008 would likely avenge Bond by killing Goldfinger. As Bond thinks this, he ruminates that 008 is "a good man, more careful than Bond." In the novel Moonraker, 008 (called "Bill" by Bond) is mentioned as being on recuperative leave after returning from a mission behind the Iron Curtain.

Personality: The afore mentioned is "a good man, more careful than Bond" Smart. He is a real good man, but will be ruthless is dangerous situations. A Jack Bauer sort of guy. An All American Leader! :D

Love: Not really.

Dislikes: Losing, Brussel Sprouts and Lima Beans, Bad TV Commercials

Happiest When: Eating Cheeseburgers.

-The Minister
Last edited by MinisterOfHighHopes on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

411 Reviews

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:14 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

Wicked profiles guys! Let's see how many more join up and I'll start this up on Monday :D

Comedy for the win! XD

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:18 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Thanks. I can wait til monday. (Tuesday my time, since I'm in Australia, right?). Anyways. I'll need a break from a few things over the next couple of days, and guys. The profiles are amazing!

411 Reviews

Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:43 pm
BenFranks says...

C'mon everybody! Join-y Join-y! :D

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:58 pm
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Howe many characters are you planning to have? :P
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

Random avatar

Reviews: 18
Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:58 pm
MinisterOfHighHopes says...

I am going to compile all the posts into a Word Document so we'll all have a real book in the end.

:D

-Minister

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:21 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Sounds like fun, Minister. :D

Resistance is futile.
— The Borg