z

Young Writers Society

The JTC

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:47 am
ToritheMonster says...

Welcome to the JTC, a government compound. When a child is suspected or known to have telekinetic powers, they are brought here.But how are their powers developed? The methods are suspicious. Nobody knows about the JTC unless the are taken there, or work for it. Who are you?

Please, keep this PG-13. Nothing sexual or overly graphic, and only mild language if any.
This isn't a romance, so keep any love stuff low-key.
Don't kill others without their permission and my okay. However, if you skimp out on posting for a long time, I will send you a PM. If you still don't post, you will get a warning here. If you still don't, your character will... have a little...accident.
Also, no God-modding. I might make an exception for some of the workers. Currently, the only exception is Mr. Foster.

Name:

Power/s (if known):

Role (worker or kid):

Appearance:

Profile:

Personality:

Evil or Good:

Other:
Last edited by ToritheMonster on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

351 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:56 am
ToritheMonster says...

Name: Susan Holmes

Power/s (if known): Mostly unknown, but metal objects tend to stick to her hands.

Role (worker or kid): kid

Appearance: Short,with long brown hair. Slight figure, unremarkable green eyes.

Profile: Susan is a smart girl, the top of her class. She's mildly nerdy, but still has many friends. Small metal objects occasionally stick to her hands, but she passes that off as a coincidence. She doesn't remember how she got to the JTC, other than a tall man talking to her.

Personality: Sweet, a little shy, sometimes a know-it-all if you get her to talk.

Evil or Good: good

Other:--

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:58 am
Threnody says...

Name: Hero Grywisovich

Power/s (if known): She has mild synesthsia. Her supernatural power is that she has been able to control fire with her mind. She speaks to it, controls it, and hears it.

Role (worker or kid): Kid.

Appearance: Hero has short layered hair the colour of burnt sienna. She's tall and has a dancer's build. (About 5'8'') She has sharp features and amber eyes. She looks imposing and somewhat wild. She wears elegant black.

Profile: At school she was always the girl who had the halls parted for her as she walked through. With a cold stare she got her way, and a slightly raised eyebrow earned her respect. Nobody really knew what to make of her. The fire alarm in her school went off at least 3 times a month, coincidentally, those days were the days she was feeling her worst. They were all legit fires, the kitchen, the teachers lounge, the locker room...etc. Anyway, her parents steer clear of her as well, passing her off as the bad seed, even though she's not even a problem child. Just silent, stern and grave.

Personality: She's tough and puts up a cold masquerade. She doesn't talk much and hardly ever smiles. She knows of her power and has been trying to control it. She hurts inside but won't let anyone see. She hides her feelings and has put up a wall to the world. When she talks though, people listen. She's not exactly a trouble maker, but people paste a "shady character" label onto her and somehow she comes across as the bad kid. She's defiant and won't take order from someone she doesn't respect.

Evil or Good: Neutral for now.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:15 pm
Kaywiia says...

Name: Camen Diaz

Role: Worker

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Profile: Carmen is a bright, happy girl with a lot of energy and smiles. Her mother used to work at the JTC and she was more than happy to follow in her place. Carmen's main job is to note things she notices on a pink clipboard she allways carries around. She is well liked by most of the 'patients', as she calls them, for her gentle personality and forgiving nature.

Personality: Is very gentel, sweet and allways has a kind word for anyone. She is very supportive and just loves to have fun.

Evil or Good: GOOD, she couldn't be evil if she tried.

Other: Has a brother who is a patient, (does anyone want to play that roll?).
Last edited by Kaywiia on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Reviews: 4
Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:55 pm
MayApple says...

Name: Demeria Gertuse

Role (worker or kid): Worker

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Profile: She is an intern at the lab in the JTC. She also helps the nurses when someone goes to far using there power and accidently burns, scraches, freezes ect, another patient. She is very useful but can be a bit of a klutz. Not enough to hurt anyone though, mostly things like dropping the box of band-aids or knocking over a stack of papers.

Personality: She is a sweet, confident girl who has got your back if you need her help. But she treats the patients like exactly that, patients. She doesn't acnowedge them as regular people, and in her mind they are closer to animals.

Evil or Good: Good

Other: Up for love.
Life is a door, and I hold the key to happiness.

351 Reviews

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:19 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Yeah, you guys, I forgot to say that the workers can be older than 15 if you want. Just not the patients.

351 Reviews

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:24 pm
ToritheMonster says...

anyone else?

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:54 pm
Lydia1995 says...

I'll join!
Kaywiia I will play the part of your brother.

Name: Rory

Power/s (if known): He can control people to an extent. He cannot make them physically move but he can plant the idea that they should move into their minds, nine time out of ten they do what he makes them think.

Role (worker or kid): Kid

Appearance: He has spiky black hair and is of medium height. He is quite attractive for his age but before he was taken to JTC people thought he was a freak.

Profile: At school people thought he was a freak so he never got any girlfriends. He only had one friend but he was only his friend because Rory made him like him using his power. He dislikes people because of his childhood. He thinks that they are out to get him. When he told his sister all that had happened she took him to JTC and he hates her for it. All he wants to do is escape and he'll use his power to do that.

Personality: He dosen't talk to people. He spends all his time shut away in his little shell planning ways to get back at his sister and to get out of the JTC.

Evil or Good: Evil

Other: He is Camen's brother. Only a real friendship or love can unlock his heart and show him that not all people think that he is a freak and will lock him away because of it.
Last edited by Lydia1995 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

351 Reviews

Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:14 am
ToritheMonster says...

We could use some more workers, preferably older guys... anyone up for that? Also, a few people who are evil,(can be a worker) would be nice.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:57 am
Lydia1995 says...

I will make Rory evil, he can just have a twisted view of people because of the problems he had before.
Thinking about what you COULD achieve will get you no where. You've got to chase your dreams.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=92400 - Need a review?

351 Reviews

Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:40 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Hey guys, I'd like to start this soon, but I need a few more people. I'd really like to have a worker who is an evil, middle-aged guy. Anyone up for that?

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:11 pm
TexanWriter says...

I can make that evil, middle-aged worker if he can be my second character. I can manage two characters.

Name: Jessie Erickson

Power: She can change the atomic density of objects and herself, allowing her to phase through walls and avoid being hit. She has trouble controlling this, so doesn’t use it very often to avoid being meshed with the wall or something. It doesn’t work with silver.

Role: Kid

Appearance:
Spoiler! :
I can add a written description if someone can’t see the picture for some reason.

Profile: She isn’t the best or the worst at anything, and so doesn’t get much attention. She keeps to herself, and doesn’t mind that most people don’t know her name. In fact, she’s grown to prefer it that way.

Personality: Quiet and gentle, she doesn’t talk much. Very shy and keeps a shy smile to avoid attention, though she isn’t happy. Has a strong sense of right and wrong, and if you try to convince her that something wrong is right she’ll argue with you as loudly as she can.

Evil or Good: I love evil youngsters, so she’s evil.

Other: Jessie hates that she’s “special” and was sent to a “special” school, and is convinced that they told her parents she died because they don’t keep in contact with her. She is desperate to go back home, and can’t stand the JTC.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

351 Reviews

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:18 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Cool! You can have two characters, that's fine. Just, you know, don't post fifty times a day.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 am
Kaywiia says...

I will not be here for a while, I am going on vacation. I will be gone for five days.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

351 Reviews

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:44 am
ToritheMonster says...

okay, we probably won't be started by then anyway. we need more people!

If I'm going to burn, it might as well be bright.
— Frank Zhang