z

Young Writers Society

Concepts

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:51 pm
Young gun says...

My first attempt at photography.Hope you all like it.
Attachments
Doc1.doc
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 85 times
Too bad we don't live to experinece death

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:49 pm
Forestqueen808 says...

Wow, these were really cool! I liked them a lot and the titles fit well. My favorite is Either the first “I bless thee” or “Rainy Day” they were pretty well photographed, just try and get them a little more angled better. They were plenty interesting, great job!
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:18 pm
Xirenia says...

Hey Gun :D Here to do that review for you.

Rainy Day
I like this one. All the straight, angular lines at the top contract well with the curves of the cars, and the smearing effect the rain creates.
I think it could have been angled a little better. When I first looked at it, I found myself subconsciously tilting my head to get a better look.
But it was good, none the less.

Ghost
The angling could have been a little more edgy on this one, but it's still a very dynamic shot, and it has great potential. I like the slightly distorted feel, and it's fitting that you called it ghost.

I bless thee & I bless thee too
I laughed out loud when I saw these. I hope that isn't insulting because I mean it in a good way. They're hysterical, and I never in a million years would have thought of it myself. It's so funny how all the people you're 'blessing' are so unaware.
I like the second one more because the background is interesting (the bus).
You must be careful not to have your focal point right smack in the middle of a photograph because it completely throws off the background. You've done this with the first one, but it's no big deal. It's easy to learn.

I enjoyed them, and I hope to see more in the future :)

~^~Xirenia~^~
We're young, open flowers in the windy fields of this war-torn world - Mumford & Sons

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:59 pm
empressoftheuniverse says...

First I want to thank you for asking me to review your work; I've never reviewed photography before but I'll give it my best shot.
Overall
Wherever you took these pictures, this place is beautiful. The colors are wonderful and the place looks fascinating. I think this could be utilized a lot better in your photographs. If you have any sort of photo-editing software, you could increase the saturation or tweak the warmness and coolness of your pictures to really get these colors to pop. I don't claim to know anything about photo editing but I've fiddled with colors a couple of times, it's a really easy thing to do.
And take advantage of your wonderful scenery and try to focus on one object. I loved your pictures but I was always distracted by strange things going on at the sides of the photograph instead of the scene in the center.

Rainy Day
Probably my favorite. The delicate streaks on the window, the vibrant colors, even the little wipers down at the bottom. It was a little tilted, however, both literally and figuratively. It seemed to me that all of the interesting things were in the upper right corner of the picture-- the streetlight, the large building behind it, the blue car that was really center-left but... there was nothing on the left side that intrigued me all that much.
Still, it was a beautiful photograph.
Ghost
This one is actually tied with rainy day as my favorite. And the two go really well together; one is dry and the other is wet but they both have an element of realistic surrealism in them-- if that makes any sense.
This one is also a little off focus. obviously, the ghost is the focal point of your photograph, and the stuff on the right seems a little superfluous, and kind of takes away from the mystique of your picture.
Also, if you were to hypothetically take this picture again, i would suggest scooting a bit to the left next time, so your "ghost" is in the center of the frame and we have a clear shot of the busy life going on behind him, and the buildings, at least from what I see in the picture, would act as the buffers in the picture and create solid lines so the eyes didn't wander...
But that's just me, a total amateur.
I have no idea how you managed to create the ghost in the first place, so... who am I to say anything?
I Bless Thee & I Bless Thee Too
These were good photographs; I like the idea of playing wither perspective, and in these pictures your focal point was clearly your focal point. Not much to say there.
These were well-taken pictures, they just didn't appeal to me as much as Rainy Day and Ghost.
Oh, and the quality was really good on all of these photos.
So great job, keep up the good work. I enjoyed reviewing these photographs.
*****The Universe******
Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart.
*Le Bible
Royal Reviews Here!

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:35 pm
Shearwater says...

Hey there, Pink here!
Okay let's get started.

Rainy Day:This is probably the best one in the bunch, I think. I like the crowded streets and the busy atmosphere. I think rainy pictures always have tendency of being 'sad or depressing' and that sort of bugs me a little.
Ghost?Wow, it's been forever since I last seen India, ahaha. Okay so I guess this was glitch in the camera or something right? It's cool because it's a very...normal...picture and shows a little superficial 'being' there ahaha.
Bless thee:Alright, I think you should have backed up your hand, added some awesome lighting and maybe taken away all that unnecessary blockage in the back that distracts us from the picture. It would have been a bit more interesting that way, I would think...
I bless thee too:Okay, turn this picture clockwise. Again note what I said before about the background and stuff.

So you have some pretty good pictures but they're still amateur, you know?
India is such a beautiful place with so many different emotions and delicate things and nature,take advantage of it! You can take so many wonderful pictures, so try looking up other pictures and study the way they're done. Define your angles and zoom in and out, watch out for your colors and other 'objects' that distract from the picture. Continue working and experiment with your picture, see what comes out and take them again and again. Remember, not every shot can be perfect.

~Pink
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:42 pm
Writersdomain says...

So, I'm really not a photography person, so these comments will probably be completely useless, but you asked me to take a look, so take a look I am. :P

I really like the rainy day one; I just love the rain and it was really pretty with all the cars and the rain on the window. Great job.

The ghost one was really cool; I don't know you pulled that off, but it's nifty. As has been mentioned, I feel like it could have centered more on that person. There's a lot of busyness around the guy right now.

The bless thee ones. Haha, nice. ^^ Those were pretty cool; I feel like the picture could have been more centered on the people, and, I think in the second one, your hand hovered very close to the person you were blessing. But besides making sure you center on what you want captured in the photograph, I liked it.

Haha, as I said, probably completey useless. ^^ But they were cool. Nice job!
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:09 am
BondGirl007 says...

Hey Young Gun, photography makes me happy, so having someone ask me to review photography is exciting.

Okay, so lets begin, shall we.

Rainy Day- This one I think is the best of all of them, I love the contrast of the grey sky, to the colors of the signs and cars. The wires, and power lines kind of take away from the picture, but I suppose that can't be helped.

Ghost- At first glance I didn't really see what you were aiming at, and it looks kind of ordinary. But however you got the double image right there, is pretty cool.

I Bless Thee- This is a pretty cool picture, although I would edit out the woman on the left, it distracts me from the main focus of the photo. I would say crop just a little bit to the right of where your arm comes into the frame.

I Bless Thee Too- I don't know, I didn't really like this one. Your hand was too close to the camera, and the guy should really be more in the center of the frame.

So keep taking pictures, try different angles, and effects, and experiment a lot.

~Hope
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

Stop being mean to your self-insert character, you're just being mean to yourself.
— WeepingWisteria