Maybe as well as if they never were
But you know that this is the true trial
Can you trek to truth and avoid the blur

Can you reminisce your twilight of May
And the bright fields you thought you’d always know
Until you wilted and hid your soul away
And concealed your face to wallow in woe

Clothed in shadow your old light always seems
And shattered to pieces your hopeless dreams.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:55 am
TexanWriter says...

Hey, Forever Therondy! This is TexanWriter talking, here to critique your poem!

Positives:
This was beautiful! The rythem was amazing. It seemed like each line brought peace to my heart, somehow. Not to seem to sapy, though ;)

Negatives:

Can you reminisce your twilight of May

This doesn't really seem to fit in with the rythem for me.

Other than that, WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

Here as requested!

It’s all but some threads on the tapestry
They are mangled and frayed, you laid them low

I had a hard time getting past these, actually. The sound patterns between them are rather disjointed, and it jolted me right out. I had to read them out loud to get past them, and even then I didn't like them that much. Which is a shame, really, because on their own they have very good imagery.

Clothed in shadow your old light always seems
And shattered to pieces your hopeless dreams.

These two lines don't fit with the four-line structure of the poem. I personally feel them to be unfinished, and they don't fit perfectly together. The "and" doesn't fit with the "seems" and methinks you are missing a word in the second line.

Other then those four lines I really liked this. The imagery was done well, and it flowed rather nicely.

I think you could stand to go deeper into the emotions. This tugged a bit at my heartstrings, but not as much as I'd expect for such a powerful theme.

I would watch out for extra-long lines. I find poems tend to flow better when the lines are all about the same length. I like my eye to skip over lines of the same length and find I get more enjoyment and emotion out of a poem when they are all relitively uniform.

Overall, a very good poem, but you could stand to clarify some ideas.

Hope I helped!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:13 pm
happybear says...

I am not the person really to critic a sonnet I don't know enough about them. But I am the person to ask if you’re in need of some positive reinforcement! Hehehehe well even though I don’t know much about sonnets I can see that imagery is beautiful and the rhythm is breathtaking! You have talent! =D
But as an ignorant I must say that I didn’t follow your “you”‘s I get the odd feeling that you changed who you were talking about, or that who you were talking about changed... I am thinking this because of these two lines:

"You’ve hidden them under deep denial
Maybe as well as if they never were"

And

"Until you wilted and hid your soul away
And concealed your face to wallow in woe"

I get the impression that the world is scorning the speaker in the first line. And in the second I get the impression that, that same person is now cowering and shriveling
Why is same person who hid them in denial wallowing in woe?
This is what your ignorant reader sees... if this isn’t what you want them to see you might want to change it.
Over all this is Amazing! As I had said in the beginning =) this is good writing and I love reading it because it drags me into the speaker’s feelings! Thank you so much for posting this, it is art!

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:09 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

It’s all but some threads on the tapestry(.)
(delete these unecessary words) mangled and frayed,
you laid them low(.)
The insignificant ones(no comma)
nobody sees(,)
in the dark corners
where no one will go(.)

You’ve hidden them under deep denial,
maybe as well as if they never were.
But you know that this is the true trial.
Can you trek to truth and avoid the blur?

Can you reminisce your twilight of May?
And the bright fields you thought you’d always know?
Until you wilted and hid your soul away,
And concealed your face to wallow in woe?
^---- I'm not sure about the punctuation and structure on this one. It doesn't make much sense @_@

Clothed in shadow
your old light always seems
And shattered to pieces
your hopeless dreams.

Hi Forever Threnody ^^ I'm Shina and I'll be your review as of right now xD
I really like the idea you have going on here, but it's really messy and out of place to be honest.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. First it's something about a tapestry and then threads and it just keeps jumping to random subjects that don't flow well together.

I did a few things to your poem, some explained and others not. I broke some of your paragraphs down because the lines were too long. I like the idea you had in your mind. The translation from your mind to words was just a little messy.
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women