z

Young Writers Society

The Arcadia Academy (Storybook)

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:40 pm
Rydia says...

Hello there everyone! Okay so this is a storybook with a difference. As part of my 'unanswered posts' campaign, I'm creating a storybook where your characters gain skills and abilities by you answering unanswered posts. Make sense? Good. Now here's the details...

Plot: The Arcadia Academy is famous. Every parent wants their children to be accepted and every child and young adult wants to earn a place. Fifty people between the ages of thirteen and twenty are chosen at the beginning of every year and by the end, only ten remain. The rest are killed. Subjects taught at the Academy include weapons training, magic training, intelligence training and top secret training, hence the need to kill those who aren't chosen.

Okay so our characters are amongst the fifty chosen and to start with you may choose one spell and one ability from the lists I will add at the end. After that, you have to answer an unanswered post and copy and paste the link to this thread - topic22092-15.html - to earn a credit. Five credits gets you a new character and one gets you an ability or spell though I might add some that need two or more credits later depending on how popular this is. Here are the base skills -

Abilities:

Lock picking
Speed
archery
fencing
swimming
climbing (scaling buildings and such)
dancing (might be useful...)

If you want a different ability, feel free to request it and I'll tell you how many credits you need to earn before you can have it.

Spells:

Fire bolt
ice bolt
invisibility
earth bolt
air bolt
teleportation
telekenis
earthquake
flying
minor healing

Again, if you want a different spell, request it and I'll tell you how many credits you need for it.

I hope that's clear and as an extra bonus, if the first person to reply to this pastes the link into the thread mentioned above, they get a credit =) Also, points and critiques will still be awarded for the answering of unanswered posts. This is just something extra for those who are interested. Any questions?
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:07 pm
Via says...

Hmm, sounds fun!

Name: Laykin Miller
Skill: lock picking
Spell: Fire bolt

and Here's your link! Click it!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:42 pm
motherflippinflapjacks says...

This sounds really cool. I'm not sure if I'll have time to survive the school, but I'll give it a shot. haha

Name: Mandy Whitehouse
Skill: Archery
Spell: Minor Healing
"I wonder if Ryan realizes that he's really twelve and a passenger on the Titanic." ~ A loving friend

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:40 pm
Rydia says...

Thanks for joining you two!

Via - thank you and feel free to choose a combination of nine spells and abilities for your character. If you want something stronger like mind reading or shape shifting, let me know and I'll tell you how many credits each is.

Here's my bio by the way -

Name= Cathy Peters.
Age= 17.
Appearance= Large, dark green eyes, curly black hair and average height.
Personality= She's terrified of not making it through the year and has resigned herself to staying aloft. She does not want to make friends when it's more than likely that at least one wont make it through the year.
Skill= Climbing.
Spell= Teleportation.
Writing Gooder

694 Reviews

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:43 pm
Via says...

kitty> how about empathy?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:08 am
piepiemann22 says...

(I'm in)

Name- Light Yagami(From Death Note. He rules.)

Age- 19

Appearance- http://lawliet-san.deviantart.com/art/L ... i-58378055

Personality- A thinker. He tends to think things through and notice that that others don't. He as great analysis powers and is not easily fooled. the brightest kid there his he scored a 100 on the entrance exams. even so he's not that strong, but can hold his own.

Skill- Fencing. The only way he is strong is with a sword. Sucks at hand to hand in any way.

Spell- Telekinesis
I will always fight back, no matter what.

185 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:50 am
piepiemann22 says...

A link. The poem was posted the other day, but I had a bad feeling about it. I had a poem that was critiqued once, and it wasn't helpful. You can say I prevented an unanswered post.

topic22581.html

694 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:00 am
Via says...

Laykin now has:

fire bolt
lock picking
minor healing
speed
fencing
telekinesis
...and I'm hoping empathy for the remaining 5 credits?

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:24 pm
Dynamo says...

Hey, you stole my idea! lol

I may join in later on.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:15 pm
Rydia says...

Yes, I did sort of warp the idea from VG Rumble but you forgive me, don't you?

Via - you can have empathy for four credits which means you now have two remaining. And Piepie has one.
Writing Gooder

185 Reviews

Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:50 pm
piepiemann22 says...

When do we start the actual story?

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:16 pm
Rydia says...

I'll begin now. And just to be clear, here's a quick list of current credits -

Via - Used - 8. Available - 5.
Piepie - Used - 0. Available - 1.
motherflippinflapjacks - Used - 0. Available - 2.

Cathy

"Bye bye Cathy! Bye bye!" My little sister called, waving enthusiastically, her head full of all the stories I had told her. Stories of the wonderful Academy, stories that did not involve my possible death. But too late to worry about that now. I smiled graciously and waved a last goodbye to her and then left the room. I walked down the stairs, a hand absently tracing the grooves of the banister as if a few more minutes would be sufficient to plant them in my mind.

I passed the parlour and did not pause. I had already exchanged some rather awkward goodbyes with my parents and did not wish to do so again. I left the house and closed the door behind me and looked out across the long road that led towards civilisation and towards the island where the Academy stood; secret and solitary. The perfect location. Good views, good defence, lots of space, lots of water to dump the bodies in. Perfect.

I walked down the road, far enough that I could turn and see my house one last time. Then I teleported. How I do it is hard to explain. I think of where I want to go and then I close my eyes and if I'm thinking hard enough, if I'm really concentrating, when I open my eyes, I'm there. I thought of the Academy. Of all the descriptions, all the stories, all the praise and wonder that went with it. I closed my eyes. I opened them. And there it was. Below my feet was a short, marble road leading from a single, secluded dock towards a magnificant structure. The Arcadia Academy.
Last edited by Rydia on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Writing Gooder

694 Reviews

Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:56 pm
Via says...

Hey hey! I only used 8! ;)

Will post an entrance a little later!

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:09 pm
Rydia says...

Oh yeah, two of the ones you listed were your freebies. Sorry about that. I shall correct my post...
Writing Gooder

694 Reviews

Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:56 pm
Via says...

Laykin stood in front of her house, awaiting her cab--the one Arcadia was personally sending her. They couldn't risk anyone outside the staff knowing it's location, now could they? A black car with seriously tinted windows pulled up before her; no one got one. She hesitated for a moment, looking back to her house for one last time--her mom and twin brother, Hunter, standing in the window--they weren't allowed outside to see her off. She sighed but waved to them one last time anyway. She and Hunter had never been to seperate schools, or apart for so long before. He hadn't heard a definite yes or no from the Academy--Laykin still had hope that he might be allowed in.

She turned back to the cab and opened the door for herself, leaning in, "To Arcadia?" She asked she driver, but he didn't not speak nor turn to acknowledge her existence. He was like manikin or a robot--heck, maybe he was. She shrugged and finally deciding that was the only place a cab would possibly be going from her house she climbed in the backseat with her suitcase and closed the door.

She was off to see the wizard.

I'm a fledgling potato bird that lives in a nest in the rp forums
— Ley