On posting a literary work...

3 posts
User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 915
Reviews 1
So, I decided to post up a chapter of the ongoing novel I had put on Google Docs, before. I emailed the document to my account, opened it up on word, and copied and pasted on the YWS posting thing.
When I submitted the work, the whole thing was in one huge paragraph, which was not what I had before. What should I do? Please help!!




User avatar
Gender Other
Points 89625
Reviews 1272
When you're viewing a work, you should be able to see an "Edit Work" button under your avatar, under a "tools" heading. Click that and format it back the way you want.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 915
Reviews 1
Rosey, thank you! It turned out that just the computers at my school wouldn't let me submit my work in separate paragraph instead of one blob.



For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein