The Time Knights DT

5 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 929
Reviews 4
Discuss the characters, plot, and to guess who FT it!
Open the gates and seize the day! Don't be afraid and don't delay.

To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2218
Reviews 297
Woot! I can't wait to get this started :D
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 2218
Reviews 297
Here are some slang websites to find out what your character should be saying (that is if they use the slang of their time) and what other characters are saying (if they use the slang of their time).
Justagirl (Ian C. Haverty) 1800's Slang
fictionfanatic (Jane Melicent) Early 1800's slang
Liv (Vanessa Renee) 1970's Slang
Cspr (Stephen Abandonato) 1920's slang, and here's some more, and even more, and even more! And here's the last one XD
xXmusicaXx (Fern Thornton) Renaissance slang

And for those of you who didn't have their characters mentioned, I didn't find any specific slang sites for your time period, but, have no fear! I have this place which lists slang with the time period marked beside it.

I hope this is useful to everyone!

-Justagirl
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 929
Reviews 4
Thanks! Now I can figure out what Ian is talking about! I'm as baffled as the characters.
Open the gates and seize the day! Don't be afraid and don't delay.

To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 929
Reviews 4
Here is a website that is strictly 18th century slang that Lottie and Oliver could use!
http://www.pascalbonenfant.com/18c/cant/
Open the gates and seize the day! Don't be afraid and don't delay.

To die would be an awfully big adventure.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Just call me Gill!



You walk into this room at your own risk, because it leads to the future, not a future that will be but one that might be. This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace.
— Rod Serling