Flash Fiction

3 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 8976
Reviews 983
What exactly is flash fiction?

... /feels like a total noob.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1836
Reviews 245
As far as I know, flash fiction are really short/brief stories. I think they are technically 1000 words or less, but I usually see them under 700 or under 500 words.
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 3888
Reviews 763
Ans sometimes you can see flash fiction in the 100-250 words range also! ^^
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.




The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians