That one winter by the fire;

3 posts
User avatar
Gender Male
Points 492
Reviews 101
This was an experiment with repetition and formatting. You'll be seeing a lot of experimenting by me for a while.
(Tell me if the tabs aren't showing up)
Spoiler
That one winter by the fire;
I lost my luck.
That one winter by the fire;
I saw the truck.
Pulling into the driveway;
He drove too fast.
Pulling into the driveway;
I wouldn’t last.
My wall became heaven’s gate;
My clueless brother stood.
My wall became heaven’s gate;
I choose the greater good.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 950
Reviews 33
Hey WritersUnleashed, T here. I have to say this was a successful experiment. I've tried (and failed miserably) when it came to repetition in poetry, but this is very well written. I have to say I don't have any nitpicks (Yeah!), I just have a question. I love metaphors and leaving vague perceptions of what happened; therefore letting the reader use there own imagination to decipher what happened next, but I just barley understood what happened. So did the truck run over the narrator trying to save their brother? Or did the narrator witness the truck run over their brother? I have to say I read over the poem a couple of times to see if there was any clue to either happening and I was left with no answer. But otherwise this was very good and seemed very emotional. Keep writing!

-T
Have a great day




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 67823
Reviews 254
Hello there. I guess the experiment was successful for you if you take the formatting and repetitions into consideration. Other than that, it was not so good. There was no theme or I can say a story sort to the poem. I just read it through and I couldn't even feel a thing. It was just a few lines brought together just for the sake of making an experiment work.
I would recommend to elongate it a bit and improve the material in it.
It was good but could have been better.
Keep writing. (:
Are you living for the things you are praying for?



It takes me deciding to write on YWS in the late hours...to realize how many members are most active while I'm unconscious
— RavenAkuma