HI! I want to review your work!
What Will I review: I prefer prose over poetry in general, but am not opposed to poems. I just don't think I have as keen an eye as a lot of other talented reviewers who live in the poetry world.
I love fantasy, some sci-fi, historical fiction, or a combo of genres mashed together. I don't mind horror, but I find a lot of it to be very by-the-numbers. I Don't mind gore or adult subjects, but just remember that you better have a really good reason for why you have the things you do.
What Will I not review: Anything sexual 18+. Anything with extensive language. I don't mind the occasional 18+ content, but if it's dropping left and right then consider me out. Find someone who doesn't mind it who can stay engaged with the story to give you a better quality review!
What is My Feedback Like: I tend to jump in with a quick intro, saying hi, hyping up an event if I'm am participating, like RevMo, review day, etc. Then. I typically go chronologically, using quotes so you know where I'm talking about your story. Sometimes I'll make callbacks, but I like to be as linear as I can so you get a feel for how I was feeling as I moved through the chapter.
I will give you some conclusive thoughts at the end; keep in mind that in a novel, this is often not super long in the same way that if I was reading the whole book at once I wouldn't be taking huge breaks to ponder specific chapters when I could read on for the answers. I do some grammar work, but try to keep it to a minimum unless it is so distracting that it detracts from the reading experience. The doubles for poetry, where grammar is less important than flow, so I will comment on it more if I think it hinders or helps, but not so much in a technical way as in a vibes way.
When Can You Expect it: Within a month of the request! I may shut down this forum occasionally for holidays, but in general I want to be efficient and stick to my word because I know what it means to be told you'll get reviewed, only for it to never happen!
You can check out my past reviews to get more of a vibe of how I am as a reviewer. I try to be very straightforward without being mean or degrading. If I don't like something I will try to explain why, and if I think it could be tweaked.
