Do games ever give you ideas for writing?

2 posts
Random avatar
Gender None specified
Points 200
Reviews 0
I've always found it interesting how random things can sometimes turn into ideas for writing. A conversation, a song, a movie scene, or even a game can make me think about a character or a story.

For me, games are especially interesting because they put you inside a situation instead of just letting you watch it. A difficult level can make me think about how a character would react under pressure, while a simple game can sometimes inspire a funny little scene.

I'm curious about everyone here: Have you ever gotten an idea for a story, poem, character, or even a single line from playing a game?

It doesn't have to be a serious or complicated idea. Sometimes the strangest little things make the best starting points.




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 310
Reviews 38
Yeah!
I'll be honest the SMT series has been quite the inspiration for me and my works XD
jkflsd



You know what the big problem is in telling fantasy and reality apart? They're both ridiculous.
— The 12th Doctor