Publishing issue?

3 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 240
Reviews 64
Hello! I'm new to YWS, and so I'm still trying to figure out how everything works. I recently tried to post a poem for some feedback, but in the preview and draft itself, I can't get it to separate into stanzas. I didn't want to post it without, so could anyone help me out? I've tried spacing it once and even more than once. It still doesn't separate once I save it. I am on the website from a tablet, could that have anything to do with it? Any help would be appreciated!




User avatar
Gender Gendervague he/she/they
Points 50
Reviews 425
Hey there!

This has to do with how YWS's text editor works. There are a few ways to fix it so your poetry shows up in proper stanzas.

The one I use is this: When I add a new poem in the Publishing Center, I go into the HTML editor instead of the text box—you can access the HTML editor by pressing the </> button on the far left of the editor, next to the Bold and Italics buttons.

In the HTML editor, I paste the text of my poem, and at the end of every line (even blank lines) I type "<br>" (without the quotation marks). This way, the editor recognizes that you want a line break, not a paragraph break, between your lines.

Another way: I don't know how this would work on a tablet, but I know on a computer you can fix this by hitting Shift+Enter between every line as opposed to just Enter.

I hope I could help!
stay off the faerie paths




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 240
Reviews 64
I just tested it out quickly, and the "<br>" thing works. Thanks so much for the help! :)



Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink