Random avatar

youspeakinpoetry

  • Other Poetry Re: Verdant Gallows

    I don't really know what this is about, but I love the language! (And anyways, for half of well known poems don't you have no earthly clue what's going on ...

    Nov 19, 2011
  • Art & Photography Re: Character Dump

    Character dumps are basically my favorite things ever.

    Nov 19, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: My Beloved Orchid

    This reminds me a bit of "My Last Duchess," as if the narrator is telling the reader about the object of his affections, and slowly but surely one realizes that ...

    Nov 19, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: 3:47 am

    You know how sometimes something is so beautifully said that it sticks in your head for days? Yeah. Those are your opening lines. I should have asked for the universe; ...

    Nov 19, 2011
  • Other Re: New Words

    These words are hilarious, and oddly connected. The latter in particular just so precisely fits a situation, making it specific, exact, and wonderful. I don't shoot things, so I've no ...

    Nov 19, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Minor Apocalypse

    At Monday morning assembly, after a few announcements of club meetings and a rambling plea to please return the lab’s frogs, I stood and pronounced: “This Friday the world will ...

    Nov 19, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: homing

    New word. Please tell me someone else feels like this. homing (verb)- combination of home and yearning, similar to the term for an animal's return to his/her birthplace 1. when ...

    Nov 19, 2011


More than anything she wanted the world to be uncomplicated, for right and wrong to be as easily divided as the black and white sections of an Oreo. But the world was not a cookie.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Tree of Wishes