-
Re: Unicorn Killers
Dearest of Snoinks, it has been a very long time since I've read a piece by you, and this was the loveliest of re-introductions. This is fantastic stuff. A really ...
Jul 28, 2010 -
Re: Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
This is fantastic. I read it yesterday and didn't have an opportunity to comment, so here goes. Your writing is a lot stronger than I remembered it to be; you've ...
Jul 26, 2010 -
Re: A Yellow Star
It's hard to find fresh perspective on a time in history that is so thoroughly documented -- in literature and film as well in news articles and photographs and history ...
Jul 24, 2010 -
Re: End Of The Witches
I think my first recommendation to you would be to read extensively on the Salem witch trials -- read about the victims and the perpetuators, and the circumstances that surrounded ...
Jul 23, 2010 -
Re: Possessing Maya - OLD
I found myself enjoying this story a lot, particularly because you have some clever ideas and neat mythology packed into it. I'm also a bit of sucker for family betrayal, ...
Jul 23, 2010 -
Re: One Thousand One Maidens: Part 1
It's hard to tell whether this is the first chapter of a longer work or the first half of a short(ish) story or something similar. No matter what the case ...
Jul 23, 2010 -
Re: Paragon, Pro.
I tend to advocate against prologues, mainly because the majority of them are superfluous and kind of dull. This prologue is not particularly an exception to that rule. The first ...
Jul 23, 2010 -
Re: My Heart Pumps Diesel
I love your title and enjoyed your occasional nods to Doctor Who-related things, but I found this piece to be all over the place and incoherent. I am all for ...
Jul 23, 2010 -
Re: Countdown
So I didn't love this, which is a pity because it has lots of my favourite sci-fi flavours, and some really pretty writing to boot. The starred text drove me ...
Jul 23, 2010 -
Re: Fragile Little Things Ch. 1
Hey! I'm just dropping by mid-exam study and I just wanted to quickly(ish) mention a couple of logic things that were bugging me about this story. 1. Commissioner's assistant - ...
May 21, 2009 -
Re: Nightly Terrors
Hullo, there! Here as requested. I'm going to go through the nitpicky things first and then talk about one or two (or maybe just one) of the issues I had ...
May 21, 2009 -
Re: Space Adventure: The Star Guantlet
Hey! I'm here as requested, to take a look at the story. So you've got a premise here that you can have a lot of fun with, and plenty of ...
May 17, 2009 -
Re: Ghosts
Um, omg, I'm sorry it's taken me such a disgustingly long time to get back to you. I didn't check my critique thread till a week or so ago and ...
May 16, 2009 -
Re: Mrs. Brown
Hey. First of all, you don't need to keep bumping your thread up: people will read it eventually and start commenting. Just give them some time. (Also, the multiple posts ...
Apr 21, 2009 -
Re: "Witch" Chapter 1 EDITED
Hey. So a couple of things to start off with. Dialogue punctuation. Learn it, love it, use it. I can't stress how absolutely imperative it is to know this stuff, ...
Apr 21, 2009
