Random avatar

franz6767

  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: What Happened a poem about today's lazy society

    I agree with the What Happened comment above, b/c it made it longer, when some of it seems to be unnecessary repetition, meaning the repetition didn't convey that emotional impact ...

    Jun 9, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: A Burning Cigarette / I have judged

    I thought the flow of the poem was okay, and the idea was good, but I felt you could have written it a lot better. "I watch as the stub ...

    Jan 31, 2009
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Sugar-Coated Syringe

    "This room wasn’t giving me time." This line didn't fit in well to me "For many moments I lay, Eyes shut so tight That I couldn’t even feel The pain. ...

    Jan 21, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Foundation: False

    A little fact of life went wrong, A little fact, but its grip was strong. There were two stanzas that I thought killed the overall flow of the poem this ...

    Jan 21, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Less Hope, More Faith [Edited]

    Don't look back; don't tarry dear, you have no need to weep or fear the winged beasts of dark and gloom who close the hinges of your tomb. This stanza ...

    Jan 21, 2009


A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.
— W.H. Auden