Random avatar

cee17

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Colorado with My Best Heart

    Hi there! I really enjoyed this poem. I particularly like the first three stanzas. The imagery is strong but simple, not overdone or forced. I like that throughout the poem ...

    Oct 12, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Such an Unreasonably Loveable Parasite

    I really loved this. I think the tone is just right, and the emotion that the speaker is feeling comes across nicely. a couple nit pickey things: Even so, seeing ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Fish

    Personally, I loved the prose. The first two paragraphs were my favorite: they are vivid, thoughtful, and carefully put together. I do think you could try to simplify them a ...

    Jan 18, 2009


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)