Random avatar

cee17

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Of Course

    Of Course “Of course, Billy Joel was playing when Jane was born.” A disembodied voice is saying. The voice rings above the many confined, murmuring voices vying for resonance in ...

    Oct 12, 2009
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Colorado with My Best Heart

    Hi there! I really enjoyed this poem. I particularly like the first three stanzas. The imagery is strong but simple, not overdone or forced. I like that throughout the poem ...

    Oct 12, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: After Death

    Kind of an experiment... let me know what you think! “I had a dream last night that I died.” She said as she sat down beside him. Her voice was ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Such an Unreasonably Loveable Parasite

    I really loved this. I think the tone is just right, and the emotion that the speaker is feeling comes across nicely. a couple nit pickey things: Even so, seeing ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Fish

    Personally, I loved the prose. The first two paragraphs were my favorite: they are vivid, thoughtful, and carefully put together. I do think you could try to simplify them a ...

    Jan 18, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: hi

    Hi everyone, I found this site a while ago, and had been thinking about joining. I just finished a story, so I decided to go for it... I need some ...

    Jan 18, 2009


I only know that learning to believe in the power of my own words has been the most freeing experience of my life. It has brought me the most light. And isn't that what a poem is? A lantern glowing in the dark.
— Elizabeth Acevedo, The Poet X