User avatar

birdie

  • Other Poetry Re: Christmas Day 1914

    Very interesting subject for the poem, I was interested to see how you dealt with it. I like the simplistic style of the rhyme but maybe you could include more ...

    Nov 29, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!

    thank you both for the welcome and the heads up on the rules, i appreciate it. (: To answer your questions I write both poetry and prose, neither very well ...

    Nov 29, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!

    Hello there, a pleasure to meet you, I'm sure. This place seems the best place to start here, I never know what to write in these things but this place ...

    Nov 28, 2009


For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein