User avatar

Stori

Stori

  • Writing Tips Re: Advice Needed: Getting My Writing Groove Back

    I was thinking that maybe that it was just a difficult section, but all of my writing (barring nonfiction) has just been... bleh. Maybe this is a sign that you ...

    Aug 13, 2021
  • Research Re: King James English

    Rosie to the rescue! Thanks very much for your reply; you've been me much to think about.

    Jun 19, 2017
  • Research Re: What traits should a villain have?

    I don't know- is it more important to have a stereotypical villain or a good villain? Possibly the best villain I've encountered was Vikram Szpirglas in Airborn . He was ...

    Jun 16, 2017
  • Research Re: Coming up with story ideas?

    I'm actually somewhat of a fanfiction writer. It's great when someone else establishes the setting and rules for me- indeed, I'm at work on some Elder Scrolls fiction now, among ...

    Jun 16, 2017
  • Research Re: King James English

    Yes, I guess I was interested in the differences. Also, I'd like to prevent another author from using "ye" to refer to one person, and so on.

    Jun 16, 2017
  • Research Re: King James English

    Hello! I'm interested in writing a guide to King James English, so here I am to ask for your help. I must confess, I've read more of the Bible than ...

    Jun 13, 2017
  • Research Re: Lasers and armor

    Thank you very much.

    May 26, 2017
  • Research Re: Questions about Judaism? ( story/curiosty reasons)

    Check out (perhaps not from a library, though) The Source by James Michener. It's a novel and a long read- hence my recommendation that you don't get it from the ...

    May 26, 2017
  • Research Re: I Answer Animal Questions

    What's the difference between ferrets and polecats? Are ferrets just domesticated polecats or a different species? (For my current project I have lots of mustelidae- otters, badgers and a Hispanic ...

    May 26, 2017
  • Research Re: Lasers and armor

    I know weapons-grade, hand-held lasers (probably) haven't been invented yet, but I'd like some theoretical data on the subject for my sci-fi novel "Rush". Something you should know is that ...

    May 26, 2017
  • Research Re: Sea glass and fire

    In other works, I can proceed to mark this thread "solved". Thank you, Megrim!

    Feb 18, 2017
  • Research Re: Sea glass and fire

    Hello. I'm trying to rewrite my story "Ashes", but I have a nagging question. Would sea glass melt in a forest fire? It's still glass, so I'd say yes, but ...

    Feb 17, 2017
  • Research Re: Falconry & Birds of Prey Q&A

    Just curious, but have you read any of Kathryn Lasky's books? Guardians of Ga'Hoole is all owls; Hawksmaid is the author's retelling of Maid Marian's story.

    Feb 17, 2017
  • Writers Corner Re: Which Novel Idea Should I Stick With?

    You should stick with whichever story excites you the most. If you don't love it, your readers won't.

    Jan 19, 2016
  • Research Re: Vulgarity

    I think some readers may even think less of you if you "bleep out" the profanity. After all, young people live in a chaotic world today. On the other hand, ...

    Dec 17, 2015


“Rise like Lions after slumber In unvanquishable number. Shake your chains to earth like dew Which in sleep had fallen on you— Ye are many—they are few.”
— Mary Shelly