User avatar

Shireling

  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Ink Heart & Ink Spell by Cornelia Funke

    And if you all don't know, the last part of the Ink Trilogy is going to be InkDeath. :) Happy reading! Thanks for the tip Monki, I actually found that ...

    Nov 30, 2007
  • Short Story » Fanfiction, General Re: TIOBS III

    Li Dies???? Arrrghh! I liked that little guy. I still can't figure out Bird yet either and it's bugging me, he's weird , definitely not like any villain I've read ...

    Nov 1, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Future Soldier

    Chapter 3 In a darkened basement room, a row of computer monitors lit up a cluttered desk with dim blue glow. Fifteen-year old Max Dexter hunched over the desk gripping ...

    Aug 18, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Chair of Wind & Darkness: Draft Two [1-4]: Closed

    More Chair in the making? Yesss! I've been needing another Shan fix for awhile. The changes you made in the first chapter are good, although I still think that 'pednulum' ...

    Aug 17, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Future Soldier

    Chapter Two Two men guarding the gate, three watchtowers, a few tents, a rundown house, a jeep, and a truck armed and armored with a heavy caliber machine gun and ...

    Aug 14, 2007
  • Short Story » Fanfiction, General Re: TIOBS III

    I agree with Gyr, Lester Bird is fine so far, just make sure that he doesn't drift into the whole 'I am an evil bad guy and I like it' ...

    Aug 10, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Future Soldier

    Thanks for the review mikeyr, I'll take your suggestions into consideration. I decided to repost this in the Sci-Fi so I'll be adding to it there. Thanks again.

    Aug 3, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Future Soldier

    Thanks Adam for the review. As to why Dirk is unhappy working with a robot it's partly both reasons you mentioned, I might have to elaborate on that some more. ...

    Jul 30, 2007
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Gypsie Eyes

    I found some time, so here is my review. First of all I want to say that I have really enjoyed your story. You are great at creating characters and ...

    Jul 15, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Geezer's Property #14

    Now I am a little more awake, so I am going to jump right in. “Thing?!” roared the skeleton, arms coming up to twist his head around to stare at ...

    Jul 15, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Duncan: Superdog

    Shireling - Hmm... I seem to recall that the co author came up with over half the story ideas before I came in and rewrote and polished and finished. Quote: ...

    Jul 14, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Chair of Wind & Darkness: Draft Two [1-4]: Closed

    I finally got around to giving you a review. Although I read, or rather skimmed, through all of your previous critiques, I may still point out what others have already ...

    Jun 13, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Turquoise Scarab#1 *PUT ON HOLD FOR COMPOSTING*

    I agree, one can never read too much of Tolkien, although it is good to read something else for a change of pace. Hey Twit cool story, I'll try to ...

    Jun 2, 2007


Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus