User avatar

Rook

previously fortis • they/them • Background by Mienar on tumblr

  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: April Madness 2023

    Thirteen Ways of Eating Fruit with Friends I You hand me a clementine. There is a little sticker that I peel off and place on your hand. II We eat ...

    Apr 16, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    17 Going to Six Flags with the Tortoise I know immediately that this was a mistake. He will not be persuaded to buy a flash pass. He only wants to ...

    Apr 15, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    16 Thirteen Ways of Eating Fruit with Friends I You hand me a clementine. There is a little sticker that I peel off and place on your hand. II We ...

    Apr 15, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    15 I Write My Little Poems, You_____________________. I listen to podcasts while I do the dishes, you _____________________. I sing songs in the shower and hope the neighbors don't mind, ...

    Apr 13, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    14 Diddle for Dinner Yesterday the cow jumped over the moon. Today it landed: ground beef.

    Apr 13, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    13 Returning This poem is telling me it is a privilege to return to where you were born. Many never leave, and so can never return, eyes growing soft, the ...

    Apr 12, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    12 Dictations I’m walking through a field of flowers I pick a dandelion. I’m with my brother catching bugs. I’m with my mother, giving hugs and asking when we’ll go ...

    Apr 11, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    11 Smoke for Trout (spoiled for language) Don’t spill, Silver Satin’ll take the paint off a ship but I’m making pickled pike in little jars and it don’t matter if ...

    Apr 10, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: deluge

    I love the strong images at the heart of such tiny poems. The brevity makes them feel vital and desperate, like the last scraps of some lost civilization, if that ...

    Apr 10, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: anatomy of a body that will soon be forgotten

    I'm so intrigued by the promise of a pictochat poem! What a retro medium now!

    Apr 10, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    10 I Will Write You Only Sonnets I will write you only sonnets, sonnets till you’re sick of rhyming. I will write you bouquets of sentimental love songs, it’s what ...

    Apr 9, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    9 The World Is Full of Apricot Jam (using this in submissions)

    Apr 8, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: April Madness 2023

    Bitter Pear

    Apr 7, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    8 Anticipation It’s in the flyers advertising samba classes, puppies, estate sales. It’s in grease-smeared menus at roadside diners. It’s sitting on the first stair, written on the first dollar,

    Apr 7, 2023
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: This is how you start a poem

    7 Pastoral From/After/With/For Mustafa Kör It is February and we have defeated the wolves that broke our mothers. There are forty aurorae, all green. We tore Arcadia down and you're ...

    Apr 6, 2023


Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything
— Plato