-
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
14 if i am beside myself, then there is no space on this bench if i hold my breath, then sparks flicker across my vision if a magpie lands on ...
Apr 14, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
13 Artificial Sweetener I remember the sugar cookies in middle school, butter soft and sweet enough to curl your lips into a smile. They left a little grease on your ...
Apr 13, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
12 When Wishing Still Worked January: The water is full of metal, so fill your mouth with the taste of iron and remember this will protect you from the fairies. ...
Apr 12, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
11 The Robber Bridegroom's Bride Turn back, turn back, young bride, for a murderer lives inside! -"The Robber Bridegroom" We enter the woods against our will, bare trees scraping the ...
Apr 11, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
10 slow news day dog on the fence post dog on the run dog on the television shooting a gun dog in the dahlias dog at the deli dog goes ...
Apr 10, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
9 Ode to the Textbook O tome filled with all the answers, sit squarely at the center of my desk. Bask in sunlight, precious text! Let it warm your sage ...
Apr 9, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
8 1866 I think about it more than I’d like to admit: a young cowboy in America–dirty, scuffed, and taking care of the herd, riding across dry summer fields on ...
Apr 8, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
7 Postcard Ghazal Sick in bed, I read your postcards and crave heated honey: I have the kind of scratching cold you only treat with honey. “When you come I’ll ...
Apr 7, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
6 the worms have come again the worms have come again dressed to the nines in pinstripes brandishing invitations printed on creamy white cardstock that I’m sure I never sent ...
Apr 7, 2024 -
Re: April Madness 2024
In the past I think there's been people who fill in for folks who didn't submit something, and I don't know if that's how you wanna do things, but just ...
Apr 6, 2024 -
Re: waiting On Submissions.
Yeah! Our magazine is called COOP: chickens of our poetry! You can check out its website here:
Apr 5, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
5 It was all in your head anyway bird nest lying in the snow cold candles I lived somewhere no one knew me worm under door mat floating in the ...
Apr 5, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
4 Small, New Animal “Quite commonly, even without any particular disturbance, a large worm will break up into a dozen or more pieces. Each becomes a small, new animal.” from ...
Apr 4, 2024 -
Re: Eyeful of Mountain, Mouthful of River
3 Touching Heaven We strike a candle and against the flame shines the bronze of a blindfolded belltower. We slit our stomachs and pour out all that we swallowed. The ...
Apr 3, 2024 -
Re: waiting On Submissions.
This is a super late reply, but nice job! Submitting to your first journals can be pretty intimidating! I think the nerves and wait become severely less of a concern ...
Apr 3, 2024
