User avatar

Rook

previously fortis • they/them • Background by Mienar on tumblr

  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    From Blossoms By Li-Young Lee From blossoms comes this brown paper bag of peaches we bought from the boy at the bend in the road where we turned toward signs ...

    Mar 15, 2020
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    Marge Piercy, “Attack of the Squash People" "And thus the people every year in the valley of humid July did sacrifice themselves to the long green phallic god and eat ...

    Feb 25, 2020
  • Official Polls Re: What's going to happen this decade?

    I mean VR and AI are on a steady improvement all the time now so that's a gimme. Someone somewhere has probably already in the past 4 days improved them ...

    Jan 4, 2020
  • Writers Corner Re: Connection (Working title cuz that's boooring)

    This isn't a full chapter, but I was feeling productive, so I thought I'd write something :D Ugh... What was that!? A voice exploded from the ringing in Everen's head. ...

    Jan 3, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: How do you pick new avatars?

    I will never get tired of that, @tenyo 😊 I've had mine for a long time, but before that it would be the same bacteriophage but dressed up for different ...

    Dec 28, 2019
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    Invisible Fish By Joy Harjo Invisible fish swim this ghost ocean now described by waves of sand, by water-worn rock. Soon the fish will learn to walk. Then humans will ...

    Nov 13, 2019
  • Official Polls Re: Ultimate YWS Mascot

    This is Kangaroo erasure and I will not stand for it

    Nov 13, 2019
  • WRFF Archive Re: alliyah's poetry reviews

    I'd love to help you complete team tortoise! I noticed that you liked and I couldn't help wondering your thoughts on the piece since I myself am a little questioning ...

    Sep 16, 2019
  • Research Re: Logistics of Accents (UK to US)

    I'm by no means an expert, but by 15, I'm pretty sure an accent is fairly well established. Her accent might be a weird mix, but unless she tried hard ...

    Aug 15, 2019
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: ribbons from a liquid network

    1. After I've Beefed It, My First Time on a Longboard The roaring river rushes past the skaters on their pathway, fast and winding, edged by banks so sheer that ...

    Apr 2, 2019
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: ribbons from a liquid network

    Yo yo yo it's napo time baybee

    Apr 2, 2019
  • Writers Corner Re: Connection (Working title cuz that's boooring)

    Chapter 37 1225 words Kerra found her way back home, letting her mind wander as she walked. She wondered if she had to wait for Shandi to contact her, or ...

    Mar 18, 2019
  • Writers Corner Re: Connection (Working title cuz that's boooring)

    Chapter 32 ~1041 words The Captain? Kerra asked, aghast. But… why? Why would she do something like that? I’ve been asking myself the same question over and over again, Everen ...

    Feb 11, 2019
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    Sister Gone by William Barnes When Mary on her wedding day, At last a bride, had gone away From all her friends that there had spent The happy day in ...

    Jan 28, 2019
  • Art & Photography Re: Free Character Sketches! [Paused]

    Wow these got snapped up so fast haha

    Jan 7, 2019


I say Wolf, for all wolves are not of the same sort; there is one kind with an amenable disposition – neither noisy, nor hateful, nor angry, but tame, obliging and gentle, following the young maids in the streets, even into their homes. Alas! Who does not know that these gentle wolves are of all such creatures the most dangerous!
— Charles Perrault