User avatar

Rook

previously fortis • they/them • Background by Mienar on tumblr

  • Randomosity Re: Hogwarts House Based on YWS Activity

    I got slytherin 🐍

    Apr 21, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: 2020 NaPo: Speak Your Mind

    I did four because I like to hear myself talk LOL here's my thread, you can find all the poems there: recordings God sleeps under an empty mountain Messy XIII: ...

    Apr 17, 2020
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    Chord by W. S. Merwin (again) While Keats wrote they were cutting down the sandalwood forests while he listened to the nightingale they heard their own axes echoing through the ...

    Apr 14, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Picayune Poetry

    The Queen of Cups (not a Nonet) The Queen of Cups has been mummified, wrapped in scraps of linens, propped on the throne, cup in hand. A river runs at ...

    Apr 10, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Picayune Poetry

    Entomophile - a Nonet Insects are made of gems that distill from raindrops that linger on twigs. They’re roses, bloomed from eggs. Wings, soft-petaled, fold under a hard, external skeleton, ...

    Apr 10, 2020
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    (Is this way more than one poem in a week? Yes. Do I overmuch care? Not really: it's NaPo baby!) After the Alphabets by W.S. Merwin I am trying to ...

    Apr 9, 2020
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    The Skylight by Seamus Heaney You were the one for skylights. I opposed Cutting into the seasoned tongue-and-groove Of pitch pine. I liked it low and closed, Its claustrophobic, nest-up-in-the-roof ...

    Apr 6, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Picayune Poetry

    XIII: Death Death comes first, before anything lives. But from that nothingness came somethingness-- or so we have been told. Death rides upon his pale horse (always the traditionalist) while ...

    Apr 6, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Picayune Poetry

    Messy I haven't cleaned this room in weeks and the dirty clothes on the floor are mountaining. My bathrobe drips down the side of my couch the huge empty cardboard ...

    Apr 6, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Picayune Poetry

    Flash Blind When there is a shine that drills from its reflected surface deep into my cornea and I have to blink away, eyes watering, photo-bleached, ghost lights floating, I ...

    Apr 3, 2020
  • April Fools! Staff Forum Re: Welcome New Members! [April Fools!]

    @ZeroYo Hi, my name is Charity and I'll take those points ;) I don't feel like reviewing anyway, but I have a lot of amazing poems I want to post. ...

    Apr 2, 2020
  • April Fools! Staff Forum Re: Welcome New Members! [April Fools!]

    Hiiii I'm also new! I just joined like 5 other writing sites so idk if I'll be sticking around here or not. But I'm fortis, I just came over here ...

    Apr 1, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Picayune Poetry

    Distance is Love Today I watched two seagulls, sitting on separate lamp posts; thirty crows crowding the top of a pine; and some guy trying to walk his dog and ...

    Mar 20, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Picayune Poetry

    No Rules, just right; NaPo. that's right, I'm starting before April and no one can stop me. God Sleeps Under an Empty Mountain Not because it is comfortable, but because ...

    Mar 17, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Picayune Poetry

    It's time for this circus again, huh? 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014

    Mar 17, 2020


There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them.
— J.K. Rowling