User avatar

Rook

previously fortis • they/them • Background by Mienar on tumblr

  • Research Re: Advice on writing child characters

    I remember thinking that The Lost Island of Tamarind wrote a very, very young child well.

    Jul 29, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: Junior Moderator Thank You

    Thank you so much, JMs! You do so much for us!

    Jul 11, 2020
  • Art & Photography Re: My Art

    These are so awesome! (Also I was literally just showing my friend a game I made with twine like 3 minutes ago so seeing you mention it in this thread ...

    Jun 26, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: YWS Group Picture

    Sorry, this is what I had time for (I really, reeeaally hate the art style of bitmoji) it's ok if I'm just a floating head. honestly that's my ideal form. ...

    Jun 22, 2020
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    Childhood Memories William Saphier Those years are foliage of trees their trunks hidden by bushes; behind them a gray haze topped with silver hides the swinging steps of my first ...

    May 31, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: Help me make a game by writing messages in bottles!

    The game has been finished ( ) but if you'd like to write more, I'm not stopping you :] Maybe this thread will inspire someone to write a story or ...

    May 28, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: Help me make a game by writing messages in bottles!

    Perfect!!!! I love these! Thank you so much @Querencia :D

    May 26, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: Help me make a game by writing messages in bottles!

    Thank you so much @EditorAndPerks Thanks for taking the plunge and being the first one to post! Those have exactly the sort of tone I'm looking for! They are just ...

    May 26, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: Help me make a game by writing messages in bottles!

    So I'm making a Bitsy game called Bottle Beach. It's a tiny game where you wake up every morning to find that a bottle has washed up on your beach ...

    May 26, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: Is there a “Best of” collection of stories on this site?

    (@Tenyo not finished but I am planning on picking it up again VERY soon). There are somtimes contests with winners so those are usually pretty good. The only one I ...

    May 22, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you have an internal monologue?

    So we talked about this a while ago in chat, but I used to think in images/feelings almost exclusively. Then, when I joined YWS in 2013, I was in chat ...

    May 22, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: Do You Listen to Music While You Write?

    Hey I listen to City Girl sometimes! I will sometimes listen to long stretches of instrumental music (I have a youtube playlist titled exactly that), which usually means video game ...

    Apr 26, 2020
  • Poetry Discussion Re: The Poem of the Week

    The Traveling Onion Naomi Shihab Nye “It is believed that the onion originally came from India. In Egypt it was an object of worship —why I haven’t been able to ...

    Apr 26, 2020
  • Lounge, The Re: Harry Potter Review Day Houses Switcharoo

    Sorry guys! Current house: Gryffindor Desired house: Hufflepuff

    Apr 23, 2020
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: 2020 Contests & Badges

    *claims spot* speak ur mind Let's see if I can manage any of the other ones :p

    Apr 22, 2020


Just think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
— Peter Pan