User avatar

Rook

previously fortis • they/them • Background by Mienar on tumblr

  • April Fools Mod Forums 2023 Re: Labyrinth Reports [8]

    Hey guys, the old thread was getting pretty full so I moved it to the archive. Starting off as usual with a short explanation of what this thread is for ...

    Mar 16, 2023
  • Lounge, The Re: Ten Ways to Empty the Green Room (authors hate #6!)

    Thinking about badges has me dreaming about like, what if once you finished the last chapter of your novel, anyone who reviewed all (or a certain percentage) of the chapters ...

    Feb 4, 2023
  • Lounge, The Re: Ten Ways to Empty the Green Room (authors hate #6!)

    I guess what I meant when I said I didn't know how helpful chapter by chapter reviews are, was that I didn't know how helpful a review from a random ...

    Jan 31, 2023
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Poetry Book / Poet Recommendations

    Favorite is bucolics by Maurice Manning currently reading your emergency contact had experienced an emergency, time is a mother, and alive at the end of the world.

    Jan 30, 2023
  • Lounge, The Re: Ten Ways to Empty the Green Room (authors hate #6!)

    I wonder if we could start a movement among novelists to include a synopsis/what new readers need to know at the beginning of each chapter. Or maybe we should make ...

    Jan 30, 2023
  • Lounge, The Re: Where did YWSers come from in 2022?

    I feel like I can pick out 2 spots on the map that are probably just from me (my home and my parents' house in another state). These are always ...

    Jan 4, 2023
  • Information Desk Re: YWS: Cassini Updates Thread

    Love the look of the breadcrumbs! Definitely an improvement. The removal of the other home icon will take some getting used to, but I agree that having two icons right ...

    Dec 14, 2022
  • Writers Corner Re: LMS VI: the Bad poems

    This week's attempts: You can have this poem. Eat it if you'd like. Divide it into seven sections like a cake, tape it to your fish tank or drive over ...

    Sep 26, 2022
  • Writers Corner Re: LMS VI: the Bad poems

    Hello, I'm aiming for most weeks' poems to be good enough to make it to the publishing center, but for weeks when I really don't feel like I've achieved that, ...

    Sep 26, 2022
  • Contests Re: Last Man Standing: Round VI

    Gonna be trying as a Bard! I gotta get some more poetry under my belt since I'll be applying to grad schools for poetry this year and will need a ...

    Aug 8, 2022
  • Official Polls Re: Best Dinosaur

    I love the plesiosaur! Not technically a dinosaur but some of these aren't either so!

    May 3, 2022
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Through the Thistles

    Day 17: The Clown, Reviled "Whatever the order of beings, the clown was roped off from our gods and families." - "The Clown" by Sandra McPherson Is it any wonder ...

    Apr 29, 2022
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Through the Thistles

    Day 16: Missing Fred Poor Fred the cat is lost and can't be found. We've searched for orange tabbies high and low. His claws are sharp, his belly is so ...

    Apr 29, 2022
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Through the Thistles

    Day 15: Champion Grasshopper Catcher If you have any questions or doubts, it was me. I was the champion grasshopper catcher and I was five years old. I guess I ...

    Apr 29, 2022
  • NaPoWriMo Archives Re: Through the Thistles

    Day 14 Open Windows in the Winter the hushrush of cars and their headlights sending shadows sliding across the room the edges of things become sharper the air lays against ...

    Apr 29, 2022


The brain is wider than the sky.
— Emily Dickenson