User avatar

Merlin34

  • Writing Tips Re: Telling vs Showing

    Or like this. Tell: He was a good swordfighter. Show: He hacked and slashed at his three opponents, his sword ramming against theirs with loud metallic warcries. He danced past ...

    Jun 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Different Ways of Saying "Said"

    Is there a word that can be used for instances like "What? How could that be?"? Asked isn't "powerful" enough, and demanded doesn't really work either.

    Jun 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Which "said" words do you use?

    These are the "said" words that I use. Nearly all the time: - Said - Shouted - Asked Less often: - Laughed - Chuckled - Exclaimed - Sighed Sometimes: - ...

    Jun 20, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Posting Work Online

    I've only posted the first 4 chapters for mine. The whole thing is downloadable, but guests can't pick that up.

    Jun 18, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Fight scene help

    I seem to have trouble illustrating emotion in fight scenes. I know emotions that you'd be feeling; shock, pain, fear, etc. But I can't really think of a good ways ...

    Jun 18, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Love Triangles(DWL1)

    Wow, this is a great guide. None of my stories have ever had a love triangle though.

    Jun 18, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Another Mary-Sue Test

    None of my characters score over ten...

    Jun 13, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Another Mary-Sue Test

    What did the site say?

    Jun 12, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Editing - An Easy List

    Wow, thanks! This will really help me out. I've pretty much finished, and I have already added some new stuff. But I haven't read over it yet.

    Jun 10, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Another Mary-Sue Test

    Score Breakdown Do I Know This Guy? 3 He's The Anti-Cool 0 I'm Destined For What? 5 Healthy as a Horse 1 Momma HATES Him! 0 Total: 9 Merenor ain't ...

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Rants on Fantasy

    Yeah, they're great. Although there are a couple things which I think she should have done rants on. Mainly these 3. 1. Prophecies 2. Creating Your Own Creatures 3. Bitterness ...

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Good Prologues?

    What do you think is a good prologue for any sort of story, but especially fantasy? I put in a prologue for mine, which sort of explains a backstory, how ...

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Rants on Fantasy

    There is some bad language on the site, but it is an excellent resource, filled with tips on writing about certain things in fantasy.

    May 22, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: The Nick of Time

    Well, I didn't know there was a section for that stuff! Why do you have to keep it hidden from everyone?!?! I'm leaving!

    Apr 12, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: The Nick of Time

    Here are Chapters 2-3! Chapter 2 Having Fun After fooling Alexa, he popped down from the tree. Then he realized, “If I did that, how much more fun can I ...

    Apr 11, 2007


A thing of beauty is a joy forever; its loveliness increases...
— John Keats