User avatar

Merlin34

  • Writing Tips Re: so you want to be a writer?

    Well, there goes my dreams of writing. Guess I'll go chuck golf balls at the neighbor's garden gnome instead. Seriously though, I really don't agree with this poem at all. ...

    Aug 10, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I fear that my fantasy story's plot may be too cliched...

    Not done rewriting. There are about 7 unfinished scenes. I put a "1D1" wherever there's an unfinished scene, so I can easily jump to them with Ctrl+F.

    Aug 9, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I fear that my fantasy story's plot may be too cliched...

    It's in the AC section, but that version is WAY outdated. I have added a lot of stuff.

    Aug 9, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Flaws

    Very nice article, though I disagree with one thing. Clumsiness can, in my opinion, be a good flaw, as long as it's actually a flaw, and not just an excuse ...

    Aug 5, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Is this inhibition a good thing?

    Thanks. I guess the "find 6 pieces of an artifact to destroy the Dark Lord" plotline should die though.

    Aug 5, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Is this inhibition a good thing?

    Ever since I can remember, I've had an aversion to writing stories based around collecting a set number of objects and using them for X purpose, because, to me, something ...

    Aug 3, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I fear that my fantasy story's plot may be too cliched...

    Well, there are only a couple parts that I'm worried about, so I'll just post them. Early in the story, Xavier sees Lily (a girl he saw in a dream ...

    Jul 30, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: I fear that my fantasy story's plot may be too cliched...

    Before I post a synopsis here, I'm going to ask, is there some sort of online "quiz", like the Mary Sue tests, that I could take? I know there are ...

    Jul 30, 2009
  • Research Re: School Punishments

    Another question, about how the sentence is delivered. Doe this sound natural? "In accordance with school policies," said Mr. Madrikson, "Xavier will be suspended for five days (or whatever number)."

    Jul 20, 2009
  • Research Re: School Punishments

    I need help with this, because I have almost never gotten in trouble at school. Okay, so Xavier (13 years old, at an elementary school) is repeatedly taunted and prodded ...

    Jul 20, 2009
  • Research Re: Character Names

    Okay. The characters do live in America.

    Jul 1, 2009
  • Research Re: Character Names

    Yeah, none of them are like that. I just needed a good name. I'm thinking about Kari (Kare-ee). Does that sound good?

    Jun 30, 2009
  • Research Re: Character Names

    I'm having trouble thinking of names. I need a good name for a female Chinese character.

    Jun 30, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Posting Work Online

    Or just have it so you need to be logged in.

    Jun 29, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Rare/Significant Events

    Quite a few stories have rare (or not-so-rare) events that act as plot devices or help shape the story, such as solar eclipses, the phases of the moon, planetary alignments, ...

    Jun 20, 2009


You're a hairy, wizard!
— EllieMae