User avatar

Merlin34

  • Writing Tips Re: so you want to be a writer?

    Its really simple guys, if you don't have an almost violent urge to write don't do it. If thats too much to handle, don't write. I know its hard to ...

    Oct 5, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Balancing between description and action

    I've heard from many places that you shouldn't describe too much during an action scene, since it slows it down. But how much is too much? My creedo has always ...

    Sep 29, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: so you want to be a writer?

    ^That makes more sense, but very few writers are actually like that. Sometimes I can sit down and pour out page after page, but other times, I can barely type ...

    Sep 24, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    If you have names or words that you made up (like Latrapi, Merenor, or Avilandra) in your story, be sure to add them to the dictionary of Word, or whatever ...

    Sep 17, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: My Latest Idea

    So, yesterday, I was looking at the Lightning Thief on wikipedia (haven't really read it though), and I thought I wanted to do something on the same key. Don't worry, ...

    Sep 11, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Emotions

    Here's another question. What are ways to describe confusion?

    Sep 9, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Building a Platform

    You have very good advice there. Not much I can add though. Sort of off-topic, but that guy, Kaleb Nation... something about him just irks me. Don't know what or ...

    Sep 9, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Thoughts

    Quick question, what is the proper way to encompass characters' thoughts? I've always though it was italics with no quotation marks, but am I wrong?

    Sep 8, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Plot Bunny Catching

    Crap... I've been setting rabbit traps all morning. *goes to check them* OH GOD! MUFFINS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Sep 8, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Are Names Copyrighted?

    It would really suck if they were, because eventually we would run out of names.

    Sep 7, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Passive vs. Active

    I hear lots of people saying that active voice is good, and passive (using words like "was" and "were") is bad. I agree, in some cases. He ran! He was ...

    Sep 4, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Emotions

    Okay, so I have trouble with character emotions. I like to think I'm decent with personalities, but emotions... Gah. Bickazer told me that you have to do more than just ...

    Sep 4, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Publishing - Is Length An issue?

    Just a question. When publishing a story, does it have to be a certain length? Are there restrictions on it?

    Sep 2, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Is this a cool idea?

    So, I thought of this world, Parisova, which is a parallel world similar to Earth, except the planet has a lot more water. There are five continents, all separated by ...

    Aug 31, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Character Flaws

    That depends. Describe this character's personality.

    Aug 26, 2009


The strongest people are not those who show their true strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about.
— Unknown