User avatar

Merlin34

  • Lounge, The Re: Background Check Center

    Hai guys, The "America Library of Poetry" is a complete scam. I submitted a poem to them a while back, and got a letter today, listing me as a "semi-finalist" ...

    Jun 26, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Is Self Publishing really that Bad?

    I think that self-publishing just has that stigma--you printed it yourself because it sucks too much to get it published via a real publisher.

    Jun 11, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: I need your tips!

    Make sure that spoken words are natural for the characters speaking them. Urban slang would be out of place coming from the mouth of an eighty year-old college professor, as ...

    Jun 4, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Your Career

    Wow, it seems like I'm one of the only ones with designs in the sciences. I'm here now, it looks like. I'm in college for Wilderness Management, so I deal ...

    Apr 9, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Your Career

    Wow, it seems like I'm one of the only ones with designs in the sciences.

    Apr 6, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Your Career

    Unless you intend to do writing full-time, you've probably got some sort of career idea (or if you're older, career). So what are you thinking of doing when you're older? ...

    Mar 31, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Reviews

    Maybe there could be a Karma-like system where you can give someone a point if they do a really good review.

    Mar 29, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Submission Call For YWS News!

    I think I'll have another article up by today. This one about my thoughts from 100 feet up a white pine.

    Mar 29, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Submission Call For YWS News!

    I've got an essay about a fisher that I could submit, but I want to wait until I have the final draft.

    Mar 26, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Submission Call For YWS News!

    It wouldn't let me submit anything until I uploaded an image to go with it.

    Mar 25, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Submission Call For YWS News!

    Can they be about writing?

    Mar 25, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Report a good member!

    Karsten has over 9000 awesome points.

    Mar 5, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: I'm alive!

    Did it not cave in? Like in the movies... O.o Shelters like these are very sturdy.

    Feb 14, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: I'm alive!

    The shelter is called a "snow coffin" (needs a new name I think). It's like a trench covered with branches and a tarp, and then some snow, with a blanket ...

    Feb 14, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: I'm alive!

    I just spent the night inside a snow shelter. It was warm inside the sleeping bag (though damp), even though it was below zero outside! When I woke up, the ...

    Feb 14, 2010


Alakazam BIOS discography Philadelphia à la disco [...] Nitrogen! I.E. polyester Garfunkle'n Garfield!
— John West (The Frugal Wizard's Handbook for Surviving Medieval England by Brandon Sanderson)