User avatar

Merlin34

  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [8]

    A few years old, but yeah. I'm sitting in then-Chair of the US Transportation Committee James Oberstar's (MN 8TH DISTRICT YEAH) chair.

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: I write like...

    It seems to consistently give me James Joyce. I ran about 6 pieces of my writing in, got James Joyce 4 times. The other two were J.K. Rowling and George ...

    Nov 21, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Anti-Sue

    Feb 26, 2011
  • Lounge, The Re: Please Help Me Help These Students

    Voted, and will do so often. I don't know much about South Dakota winters, but Minnesota winters are probably about the same.

    Dec 14, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Werewolf Vs. Vampire

    Werewolves. They've only got one weakness, whereas vampires can be thwarted with a pile of seeds. But really, dragons own all.

    Dec 12, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: How To Protect Your Stuff Online

    Excellent article. I've actually had someone copy an article from my (now defunct) Animal Crossing website and post it on a forum. I got the topic deleted, but not before ...

    Nov 30, 2010
  • Official Polls Re: What type of music do you listen to most?

    Metal mainly, with some rock and classical. I recommend Rhapsody of Fire, Blind Guardian, Guardians of Andromeda, Falconer, and Luca Turilli.

    Nov 25, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Nationality Headcount at YWS

    American: 16 Canadian: 3 English: 6 Filipino: 4 Finnish: 1 French: 2 Indian: 5 Irish: 1 Italian: 1 Puerto Rican: 1 Scottish: 1 South African: 1 South Korean: 1 Welsh: ...

    Nov 4, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Save the Words!

    I can adopt "filicology", the study of ferns.

    Oct 13, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: What being scares you most?

    The Wendigo, a cannibalistic spirit from Native American legend that roams the frozen forests of the north* looking for victims. They're said to resemble an emaciated human with yellowish skin ...

    Oct 6, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: So, do you have a Blog?

    I've got a blog as part of my larger website. Mainly stuff about writing that doesn't fit into any of the articles on writing I already have and isn't long ...

    Sep 2, 2010
  • Official Polls Re: What's your strongest element?

    I've been told I'm good with imagery, keeping it away from purple territory, but still letting people know what's going on. And I'm good with humor.

    Aug 23, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Accents

    Minnesota Accent: The only thing that really comes to mind for me is how a lot of us pronounce T's that are in the middle of the world (after a ...

    Aug 23, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Am I the only one who didn't see this?

    I like it too, although I think that it should be mentioned somewhere that things like synopses and character profiles may not work for every writer.

    Aug 23, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Novel Dreams

    I once had a dream that I was riding an earthworm along the edge of a canyon, and being chased by a train. That might make for something interesting.

    Aug 20, 2010


The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler