User avatar

Merlin34

  • Writers Corner Re: Should I throw out this idea?

    Sounds all right. Just make sure you give him substantial reasons for wanting to off himself, and not just a bunch of cliche angst.

    Apr 2, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Your Career

    Unless you intend to do writing full-time, you've probably got some sort of career idea (or if you're older, career). So what are you thinking of doing when you're older? ...

    Mar 31, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Reviews

    Maybe there could be a Karma-like system where you can give someone a point if they do a really good review.

    Mar 29, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Submission Call For YWS News!

    I think I'll have another article up by today. This one about my thoughts from 100 feet up a white pine.

    Mar 29, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Submission Call For YWS News!

    I've got an essay about a fisher that I could submit, but I want to wait until I have the final draft.

    Mar 26, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Submission Call For YWS News!

    It wouldn't let me submit anything until I uploaded an image to go with it.

    Mar 25, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Submission Call For YWS News!

    Can they be about writing?

    Mar 25, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up F.R.E.D.'s Backstory

    Fred was created by a female scientist in a very male-dominated society. Females were expected to wear dresses all the time, and F.R.E.D. was always puzzled since he recognized his ...

    Mar 23, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Minorities

    Another question. How does one avoid the "token" minority in a story?

    Mar 23, 2010
  • Writing Tips Re: Minorities

    I know that some people get mad when there aren't members of minorities (black, GLBT, etc.) in stories. I personally think that having them and stereotyping them to death or ...

    Mar 23, 2010
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Coming Soon: YWS News

    I'm all for this. I work at a real newspaper too. :D

    Mar 21, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: What would your characters do?

    Merenor: Forgo the guns and blast everyone to death with my magickz.

    Mar 16, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: You are a wave...

    I can feel my body sucking the water away from the shore, and I know it won't be long before I hit land. Through the shifting sea, I see several ...

    Mar 15, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Name the Character Above You

    Vivien A small boy with short brown hair and gray eyes, constantly nervous about things no one else notices.

    Mar 15, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Huntress~Prolouge

    You did a good job for the most part. The main issues were with the prose. It seemed choppy in places. Here's an example. It increases. With it increases my ...

    Mar 14, 2010


As my artist’s statement explains, my work is utterly incomprehensible and is therefore full of deep significance.
— Calvin