User avatar

Merlin34

  • Information Desk Archive Re: YWS Radio: Campfire Edition!

    I'll call with some winter campfire stories.

    May 30, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Heirs to the Light

    I like animal stories, especially about North American mammals like what you seem to have here. However, the story itself needs work. First off, it's unclear what some of these ...

    May 27, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Make Up Poor Names For Characters

    Enoby Darkness Dementia Raven Way Win.

    May 17, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Booyah!

    I have gotten over my writer's block. Resolution is chugging along. I finished Chapter 6, and Chapter 7 introduces a character who is also an absolute blast to write about. ...

    May 9, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Overly Protective of my Novel

    I've never posted a novel online either. If you're planning to try to have it published, it's important that you don't post it online in public forums, as this gives ...

    Apr 29, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: A War of Love

    This was a decent story, but lacking in some areas and sometimes confusing. When you say "pool of tears", what exactly do you mean? An actual pool filled with nothing ...

    Apr 14, 2010
  • Information Desk Archive Re: Report A Site Bug

    They aren't counting for me. I wrote a review there and it still says I have 50.

    Apr 14, 2010
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Helmet of Vrokan - Prologue

    This story was decent. It seemed fairly original, though there were some cliche names and phrases. The prose is quick and tight, not cluttered with the overly-flowery prose that so ...

    Apr 12, 2010
  • YWS Re: How to Respond to Critiques

    Here's a question. What happens if you get a review that is simply crude and unhelpful. Like, "wow, this is crap. you suck."? Do you report it?

    Apr 12, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Beasts of the Barrens - A Parody

    Yeah, I was thinking of expanding this. Probably not into novel length though, I don't think it could get anywhere near there.

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: The Beasts of the Barrens - A Parody

    We are the Beasts of the Barrens, though most humans call us “ohmygodaaaaaaahs”, for whatever reason. From what we know of human expressions, we’re pretty terrifying, but we like each ...

    Apr 10, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Your Career

    Wow, it seems like I'm one of the only ones with designs in the sciences. I'm here now, it looks like. I'm in college for Wilderness Management, so I deal ...

    Apr 9, 2010
  • Research Re: Science Project: Invasive Species! Help!

    You should be able to tell how many pages you have in MS Word... As for research, government agencies are always good resources. If you live in the US, the ...

    Apr 7, 2010
  • Information Desk Archive Re: New Addition: YWS News is Here!

    Haha, one of mine is up there too! EDIT: Do we get notified is someone comments on our articles?

    Apr 6, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Your Career

    Wow, it seems like I'm one of the only ones with designs in the sciences.

    Apr 6, 2010


Oh no, I’m sorry, you’re under the impression that here on YWS we *help* writers instead of just feeding their gremlin tendencies.
— winterwolf0100