User avatar

Merlin34

  • Writing Tips Re: Rants on Fantasy

    Yeah, they're great. Although there are a couple things which I think she should have done rants on. Mainly these 3. 1. Prophecies 2. Creating Your Own Creatures 3. Bitterness ...

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Novel Workshop Re: Fight to survive - the epic battle of teens at their worst!

    I've done part of it. I'm not sure if you're allowed to do your advanced crits in parts... but fi you aren't, then it really should be put in the ...

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Novel Workshop Re: Advanced Critiques Questions

    Confused here. If someone has already done an advanced critique of a story (or if they said they would but didn't), can you do one too? Also, can you do ...

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What is your favorite atribute in a charcater?

    Big heroes in small packages. coughbasilcough

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What influenced you to write what you are writing right now?

    I had an idea that I wanted to work with, but it took me a few tries to get the story I have now, with Xavier starting out in our ...

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Good Prologues?

    What do you think is a good prologue for any sort of story, but especially fantasy? I put in a prologue for mine, which sort of explains a backstory, how ...

    Jun 8, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Would a character smoking in a novel bother you?

    If it's an old man smoking a pipe in the evening or something, no. If it's an underage person smoking a cigarette, yes.

    May 22, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: At what age did you start writing and

    When I was 6 I wrote a story about a bunch of rabbits who owned a monster truck.

    May 22, 2009
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Abusing your Muse

    My muse got back from an extended vacation a few days ago and has been working full-throttle.

    May 22, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Rants on Fantasy

    There is some bad language on the site, but it is an excellent resource, filled with tips on writing about certain things in fantasy.

    May 22, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Xavier's Quest - Chapter 4

    Yeah, I've decided to make threads to house 3 chapters at a time. If you haven't read the previous chapters, you should. Chapter 4 Deadly Discovery The air was warm ...

    May 22, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: And There Was Drum Roll Chapter 1 part 4/4

    "He had got a tent of his own, but most of the other men had to share theirs with someone else." Maybe mention there that he's a captain, because that ...

    May 21, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Xavier's Quest - Chapters 1-3 Posted

    UR MEAN WAAH! :( XD Seriously, THANK YOU for the constructive criticism. I've done a lot of editing to the first chapter since I posted it. I think I'll edit ...

    May 21, 2009
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Xavier's Quest - Chapters 1-3 Posted

    Well, thanks! I'm actually going over the story now and looking for things like grammatical errors, plot holes, and other stuff. But I never considered things like that. Thank you! ...

    May 20, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: The "I'm Back" Thread

    After traveling through time with Nick and Co, they were ambushed and killed by a kid and his dragon, who forced me to write about them. But then THEY were ...

    May 20, 2009


Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb