User avatar

Merlin34

  • Lounge, The Re: Save the Words!

    I can adopt "filicology", the study of ferns.

    Oct 13, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: When writing, what is your most difficult challenge?

    Showing emotion.

    Oct 11, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: What being scares you most?

    The Wendigo, a cannibalistic spirit from Native American legend that roams the frozen forests of the north* looking for victims. They're said to resemble an emaciated human with yellowish skin ...

    Oct 6, 2010
  • Research Re: Electricity

    What would happen if you were stabbed by a knife or similar object that was also live with a powerful electric current? Would the stab and shock combine to slice ...

    Sep 24, 2010
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favorite bits from The Great Gatsby

    A real writer writes stuff that doesn't make schoolchildren everywhere want to claw their eyes out from sheer boredom. :P

    Sep 24, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: So, do you have a Blog?

    I've got a blog as part of my larger website. Mainly stuff about writing that doesn't fit into any of the articles on writing I already have and isn't long ...

    Sep 2, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Most Embrarassing Moment

    ...the first person to notice was a girl I liked, and...

    Sep 1, 2010
  • Official Polls Re: What's your strongest element?

    I've been told I'm good with imagery, keeping it away from purple territory, but still letting people know what's going on. And I'm good with humor.

    Aug 23, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Accents

    Minnesota Accent: The only thing that really comes to mind for me is how a lot of us pronounce T's that are in the middle of the world (after a ...

    Aug 23, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Am I the only one who didn't see this?

    I like it too, although I think that it should be mentioned somewhere that things like synopses and character profiles may not work for every writer.

    Aug 23, 2010
  • Lounge, The Re: Novel Dreams

    I once had a dream that I was riding an earthworm along the edge of a canyon, and being chased by a train. That might make for something interesting.

    Aug 20, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Inspiring lines from songlyrics

    We will fly to the empire of steel gods to discover the secret of storms And against the black pride of the tyrant we'll use it to defend our throne ...

    Aug 19, 2010
  • Writing Activities Re: Rate the first sentence above you

    8/10. Seems to subtly evoke emotions of accomplishment and satisfaction, as if the man is making the sun shine brighter. Xavier was sure that neither teleportation nor invisibility had been ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Writers Corner Re: Craziest things you've done in the name of research

    Sometimes, the best way to research something is to do it yourself. Sometimes, characters in your story do some craaazy things. Sometimes, those two areas overlap. Most of the crazy ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Guide to Geography and Ecology in Fantasy (Updated)

    One problem with a lot of amateur fantasy, it seems, is a lack of knowledge on the part of the author with regards to geography and ecology. This often gives ...

    Aug 16, 2010


I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content